Post of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post of the Week

OK, I really think we need a post of the week competition. I suggest we make it so that each poster can nominate 1 post from the preceeding week (say by 12:00 EST), then we have a 3 day pool on each of the posts where everyone gets a vote, and then a panel of 5 judges (Me, LS, Kuci, Ming and Rah sound ok?) decides on the post of the week. The winner gets kudos and a reputation for actually being one of the few posters here with a sense of humour.
    Yes, we need another competition to give our lives meaning!
    34.78%
    Yes, but we need competant judges in charge of it ;)
    21.74%
    No, because no one will vote for me in teh poll
    21.74%
    Only if we can have a banana option in teh first elimination round
    21.74%
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Too complicated. I say we nominate posts, then the panel of 5 judges each select a post that gets put to poll and the studio audience gets to select the winner, 3 days of voting. The panel of judges can be whoever you want at first, and if a judge no longer wants to be a judge or will be on vacation from poly they can permanently or temporarily assign their duties to another poster.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

That'd work quite well. Judges have to pm their chosen posts to the head judge who puts up the poll sometime monday evening, runs the poll to say midnight Thursday/Friday PST?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I figure Ming & Rah have enough work to do as is.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I nominate

Krill, LS, Kuci, AAHZ, and Ozzy...

anyone else want to be a judge?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

*sigh*
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

i accept your nomination, Japher. I will be as faithful and competent, as a judge, in this event as any other important task in my life that i see needs doing in a punctual and virtuous manner...
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I only nominated you because you are so much of a loser that you are always here and have nothing better to do...

I know this, because I too am as much of a loser.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

oh
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

and because you are awesome

of course!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I think the pursuit of 'Thread of the Week' would be more interesting, as well as more constructive overall.

Comment

Could be include Dumb As A Post posts/threads?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Post of the Week

Originally posted by Krill
                          OK, I really think we need a post of the week competition. I suggest we make it so that each poster can nominate 1 post from the preceeding week (say by 12:00 EST), then we have a 3 day pool on each of the posts where everyone gets a vote, and then a panel of 5 judges (Me, LS, Kuci, Ming and Rah sound ok?) decides on the post of the week. The winner gets kudos and a reputation for actually being one of the few posters here with a sense of humour.
                          I nominate this post.

Comment

ally my post shocuydl be thread of teh woeek!!~!
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

btw i votwed yes :b;
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X