No announcement yet.

A Philistine Confessional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please stop talking about $%#@! Fight Club. This is a Philistine Confessional thread, not a Defend Popular Cinematic Abortions thread. You want to do that, start your own.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

David Lynch is a sh.t director who mistaken when he thinks he's the sh.t.

Quentin Tarantino was a meteor. Two pretty good movies, and then it's been all downhill since. Sure, Kill Bill had a nifty soundtrack, but as far as it being "good"... Episode I was better.

Japher is right about Nathaniel Hawthorne. His writing's sh.t.

Jackson Pollack could have vomited on his canvases and nobody would be able to tell.

Rothko's works are aesthetically pleasing, but seriously? It's just a f.ckin' square.

Elok is right about Catcher in the Rye--it's sh.t too. So is On the Road. If I wanted to read self-absorbed wankery, I'd write a novelization of one of my masturbation sessions and then jerk off to it.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        Quentin Tarantino was a meteor. Two pretty good movies, and then it's been all downhill since. Sure, Kill Bill had a nifty soundtrack, but as far as it being "good"... Episode I was better.
        It was a pretty high standard to maintain.

Both Jackie Brown and the Bill movies were good by any other standard.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I couldn't agree more about Citizen Cane. It is such an utterly boring film.

Most modern art I think is crud. I think the deal about modern art is this: instead of having artistic talent, you need to have self-publicity talent. You make yourself notorious/infamous etc, and then anything you produce becomes art.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I'm the only person I've ever come across that doesn't like any Tim Burton film. I can't quite put my finger on why, but there's just something about his style that makes me just wait for the damn things to be over with.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

I can't stand Steven King, or David Lynch. Quentin Tarantino is mediocre.

Yes, Lost in Translation really did blow. I almost walked out on Moulin Rouge.

Jack Kerouac and Alec Ginsburg were awful, not to mention Truman Capote.

I can't stand any modern art after the Impressionists: Picasso, Pollack, Dali, etc.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I don't like any kind of seafood.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Lord of the Rings. Yes, you have a vivid, crazy, gigantic world with a rich cultural history. Too bad you ****ing suck at storytelling.

Quentin Tarantino. I don't think this really needs much explanation.

Nathaniel Hawthorne. The guy can't write, plain and simple.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Tim Burton's cartoons realy blow chunks, for the same reason that modern art does. Who wants to see an ugly picture? If I want ugly I look in the mirror. many of his live action films also don't do anything for me, though Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and his Batman movies were OK.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Dali
                      <--------
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        Please stop talking about ... This is a Philistine Confessional thread, not a Defend ... thread.
                        I second that. There are some nominations that really hurt (Tolkien, Tarentino), but this is a nice idea for a thread that will bog down really quick if everyone leaps to the defense of their favourites.

Charles Dickens for me. An entire page describing a door, and it just keeps going and going and going and going...

Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS

<--------
                          Goya
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Further more why do so many Mexican nationalists embrace this guy when he left Mexico, moved to the US, and married a white American chick?
                            Its the American dream

Why are we going to Mexico? Because fireworks are legal in Mexico. Everything is legal in Mexico, its the American Way - Uncle Jimbo

Comment

I didn't care for Heart of Darkness. After reading "... of darkness" every other %@&( page I got annoyed and distracted from the plot.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Radiohead albums Kid A and Amnesiac are mostly rubbish, it's painful to listen to them whole more than once.

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                I don't like any kind of seafood.
                                Prawns and shrimp are the insects of the sea
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X