Shhhhhhhh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhhhhhhh...

Wifey and I are getting a new car soon, she'll be driving the new one so I get her old one to drive to and from work (100 miles round trip). Because of this I bought a new radio so that my IPOD can hook right into it. The speakers still don't work right, but oh well.

Anyway, as Best Buy geniuses were installing it I ended up buying the Warlords expansion. I get home, install it, through the box away and toss the guide into my pile of never read manuals. I start it up and wifey walks in and starts talking to me about bills or something. I get distracted by the intro video and she's all, "listen to me, besides you've probably seen that a million time." I'm all "yeah, uh..." Then the menu screen comes up, and she's all "that's different." I'm all "yeah, weird, I downloaded a patch." Then she leaves.

Unless she reads my credit card receipt I think I got away with buying the expansion she told me I wasn't allowed to ever get!

Now, who's wife hates Civ?!
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm going to tell on you.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Shhhhhhhh...

Originally posted by Japher
        Wifey and I are getting a new car soon, she'll be driving the new one so I get her old one to drive to and from work (100 miles round trip). Because of this I bought a new radio so that my IPOD can hook right into it. The speakers still don't work right, but oh well.

Anyway, as Best Buy geniuses were installing it I ended up buying the Warlords expansion. I get home, install it, through the box away and toss the guide into my pile of never read manuals. I start it up and wifey walks in and starts talking to me about bills or something. I get distracted by the intro video and she's all, "listen to me, besides you've probably seen that a million time." I'm all "yeah, uh..." Then the menu screen comes up, and she's all "that's different." I'm all "yeah, weird, I downloaded a patch." Then she leaves.

Unless she reads my credit card receipt I think I got away with buying the expansion she told me I wasn't allowed to ever get!

She's on to you bud.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Re: Shhhhhhhh...

Originally posted by Kidicious

She's on to you bud.
          Nah, Japher just doesn't know about his wife's new purchases yet.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's probably true
            Monkey!!!

Comment

You should have shouted "It's prolly different after the patch but listen.. MAKE ME COOKIES!" That way you would have still been a real man and not have to tell about the purchase
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Shhhhhhhh...

Originally posted by Wezil

Nah, Japher just doesn't know about his wife's new purchases yet.
                I suppose it doesn't matter if he did. Same goes for the misses.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

She made cookies last night anyway
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

What kind of cookies?
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good gas mileage? (The car)
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You are totally whipped.

Comment

You should have bought Beyond the Sword.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Shhhhhhhh...

Originally posted by Japher

You are dead when she finds out..........

And yes - you should have bought BtS.......
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                              You should have bought Beyond the Sword.
                              So true.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X