No announcement yet.

Suggest a good horror/thriller movie #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Days Later - probably the worst 'zombie' movie ever, and a painful ripoff of The Day of the Triffids. Shaun of the Dead has more credibility.

Has anyone mentioned the original Cape Fear? Good suspense film.

I take it you've seen every Hitchcock film.

Originally posted by Japher
    I want to see that. Mainly because I like John Cusack.

Though, Stephen King movies generally suck, IMO. Except Stand by Me.
    Even though I hate Stephen King as an author, he does come up with some cool ideas and these have been translated into some decent films.

The Shining by Kubrick is a masterpiece of horror and suspense. Of course the made for TV version that King himself produced is unwatchable.

Creepshow, directed by George A. Romero, is a fairly decent horror film that will leave you feeling uneasy. Cat's Eye is pretty good suspense too.

But yeah, most Stephen King movies are very dire indeed.
    Last edited by Bkeela; November 12, 2007, 20:41.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Just watch the damn movie.

Spec.
      I'll do you one better. I own a copy.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I recommend Arlington Road for a thriller.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

- Ichi the killer. Not horror per se, but its japanese and sadistic, to say the least. So there's gore aplenty.

And here are two other japanese movies. I haven't seen them yet, but they sound pretty good:

- Audition

"Audition," 1999. Mikke Takashi's gruesome and sadomasochistic horror film is about a shy businessman who falls for a mentally unstable woman who mysteriously disappears. The last 30 minutes of the film contains one of the most horrifying sequences, ever filmed,
          - Suicide Club
          Last edited by Nostromo; November 13, 2007, 02:06.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Rm 1408 sucked. No story, just some stupid special effects and a vague idea of a movie.

Ring 1 was ok. Blair Witch might be good.

Comment

The japanese version, Ringu, was better, IMO.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I didnt like 1408 either..

I think that the last half-decent horror film i saw was Descent.

Comment

Slither It also has a bit of humour in it, but it is fairly scary as well.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                  X