Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH
    Who'd miss it?
    eer...I kinda live and work in L.A. ...okay, maybe "living" is an exaggeration.

Comment

Sorry but someones got to sacrifice for the greater good.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

NOooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
          On the one hand our enemies are moslems so it makes sense to focus resources on such groups.
          Err... our enemies are an extremist Muslim group... not Muslims in general. This conflating of the two is what is causing this problem.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
            You are not making sense. Too many Gammeldansk?
            Nah, too much red wine and an digging a bit in the good old swedane warmongering history.

PS Have I ever mentioned that my grandfather was swedish or that last saturday I met with my unknown swedish halfsister at my dad's funeral ?
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAPD zeroes in on Muslim communities

Originally posted by Zkribbler

How many terrorists attacks have been carried out by Muslim Americans?
              As far as I know, none, wich goes for most countries - in those countries that have experienced it, usually with the comment "how could it happen here", surveillance of potential nutcases has risen (nutcases as in extrmist muslims, not normal ditto).
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

You were justifying "unfairly targetting Muslims", because "Muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens." And doing so in response to an article about the LAPD. Then you made some inane remark about how LA gangs didn't suicide bomb to support your previous statement... which further cemented the fact that you were talking about LA specifically when claiming Muslims were mainly the problem the LAPD should be watching out for.
                Sorry, but it's only in your fantasy that I was talking about LA when saying that extreme muslims are mostly responsible for terrorist actions currently. About the gangs, well, no offense, but it was you that brought LA gangs into the discussion, so please stop fantasize about what I meant.

When called on that, you further corroborated this with: "Well, I guess that most Londoners would have said the same [that muslims weren't a problem] some years ago. Unfortunatedly, they were wrong" and "No offense, but I think that LAPD are able to multitask."

We all know what you're saying. Do you?
                Yep, I certainly do, but I think you have a reading/comprehension problem. Before the bombings in London I guess that most brits would have thought it impossible what happened - why do whine when LAPD are doing what most londoners would have wished SY had done ?

It's my summation of your statements in this thread so far. You know, what I meant when I said, "We can sum up your point as:"

In that statement "your" is refering to you. Not me. If I was refering to me I would have said "my".
                Yeah, except the fact that I have never stated what you claimed, so I naturally assumed it was you opinion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                  Sorry, but it's only in your fantasy that I was talking about LA when saying that extreme muslims are mostly responsible for terrorist actions currently.
                  It's up there for everyone to read and you blantantly try to misrepresent what you said by claiming it was "terrorist actions currently"...

What you actually said was "at the moment muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens", in your attempt at justifying the actions of the LAPD.

About the gangs, well, no offense, but it was you that brought LA gangs into the discussion, so please stop fantasize about what I meant.
                  I didn't bring LA into the discussion, I just mentioned one of the real issues that LA faces (as opposed to the paranoid delusion you have about LA Muslims). The OP brought LA into the discussion. And you responded to it justifying the actions because "at the moment muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens".

You then tried to justify your previous statement about Muslims being a bigger problem in LA than anything else by throwing up the red herring about gang suicide bombings.

Yep, I certainly do, but I think you have a reading/comprehension problem. Before the bombings in London I guess that most brits would have thought it impossible what happened - why do whine when LAPD are doing what most londoners would have wished SY had done ?
                  You're hillarious. You just reiterated that you were talking about the situation in LA right after saying you weren't.

Yeah, except the fact that I have never stated what you claimed, so I naturally assumed it was you opinion.

"Your" != "My". It was spelled out for you right in the previous sentence. And still you couldn't figure it out?

But even further than that... I was arguing against that assertion throughout the whole thread. Even if it wasn't your assertion, I obviously wasn't expressing it as my own belief. A 5yo could figure that out. Yet it eludes you...

Comment

It's up there for everyone to read and you blantantly try to misrepresent what you said by claiming it was "terrorist actions currently"...

What you actually said was "at the moment muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens", in your attempt at justifying the actions of the LAPD.
                    Ehrm, please tell me where I fail when I claim that most current terrorist actions are done by muslims ?

That you blatantly ignores my comments about ordinary muslims and extremist muslims, well, I guess that you need some support for your fingernails hanging there on the cliff.

I didn't bring LA into the discussion, I just mentioned one of the real issues that LA faces (as opposed to the paranoid delusion you have about LA Muslims). The OP brought LA into the discussion. And you responded to it justifying the actions because "at the moment muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens".

You then tried to justify your previous statement about Muslims being a bigger problem in LA than anything else by throwing up the red herring about gang suicide bombings.
                    This is really funny. I probably should have added some kind of irony smiley to my question about gang suicide bombers, but I actually thought it would be obvious that such don't happen - that you took me serious tells more about you than me.

You're hillarious. You just reiterated that you were talking about the situation in LA right after saying you weren't.

"Your" != "My". It was spelled out for you right in the previous sentence. And still you couldn't figure it out?

But even further than that... I was arguing against that assertion throughout the whole thread. Even if it wasn't your assertion, I obviously wasn't expressing it as my own belief. A 5yo could figure that out. Yet it eludes you...
                    From your posting :

We can sum up your point as:

"Muslims are the problem with everything and I refuse to observe any evidence to the contrary."
                    This is your claim, not mine. If you read carefully, you will see that I actually says the opposite, so if it's obviosly not my pov, it must be yours.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                      Ehrm, please tell me where I fail when I claim that most current terrorist actions are done by muslims ?
                      "most current terrorist actions" != "most **** happens"

The latter is what you actually said, the former what you're now trying to pretend you said. You fail in that attempt at obfuscation.

This is really funny. I probably should have added some kind of irony smiley to my question about gang suicide bombers, but I actually thought it would be obvious that such don't happen - that you took me serious tells more about you than me.
                      Keep running from everything you posted. You obviously have been trying to deflect all the "LA Muslims aren't a problem" statements instead of actually addressing the point. You do so because you know your statement is unsupportable.

You attempted to justify "unfairly targets Muslims" with "muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens".

This is your claim, not mine. If you read carefully, you will see that I actually says the opposite, so if it's obviosly not my pov, it must be yours.
                      Keep pretending "your" = "my" all you want. Just makes it funnier.

Comment

"most current terrorist actions" != "most **** happens"

The latter is what you actually said, the former what you're now trying to pretend you said. You fail in that attempt at obfuscation.
                        No offense, but you seem to be extraordinary dense - please tell why my first comment doesn't equal the latter.

Keep running from everything you posted. You obviously have been trying to deflect all the "LA Muslims aren't a problem" statements instead of actually addressing the point. You do so because you know your statement is unsupportable.

I think it's a bit funny that you claim I'm running from my claims - quite contrary, I defend them.

You attempted to justify "unfairly targets Muslims" with "muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens".
                        Next time please quote the whole comment :

About the "unfairly targets Muslims" - well, I do understand their annoyance, but at the moment muslim belivers are those that mainly make **** happens.
                        Keep pretending "your" = "my" all you want. Just makes it funnier.
                        Yeah, on my behalf - I can't really be blamed for your interpretation of what I have said.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Err... our enemies are an extremist Muslim group... not Muslims in general. This conflating of the two is what is causing this problem.
                          You were just misreading; he said the enemies are Muslim, not that Muslims are the enemy. You can say the former without necessarily implying the latter, but granted it still could have been a better choice of words.
                          Last edited by Darius871; November 10, 2007, 22:15.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I was gonna write a reply but why bother. Anyone who can so badly misread and overinterpret my statement of fact will only do so again. It must be a law school thing.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                            X