No announcement yet.

Computational Chemistry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like the lab could save some serious money with a £500 PC upgrade...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

student time is generally cheaper than computational time

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, we pay them to go to uni and study. Why should they spend money on good facilities?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Sounds like nothing has changed. When I was over at St. Andrews in 1997, the computer labs were a joke compared to here in the States. My highschool had better stuff.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
            looks like the lab could save some serious money with a £500 PC upgrade...
            Once you get to grad school you start having much better PCs, at least from what i've seen, if the PI is willing... my GF's lab has quite nice PCs, better than my work's computers (and i'm a data programmer). 64 bit windows, several top line macs, etc... they all get portable WD HDDs ... :envy:

When you have several $1m grants and each experimental reagent costs $5000 or more you can afford nice computers ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

:sad: I hate comp chem again. stuck in a comp lab for the past 2 hours and still have another hour to go...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Solitaire is your friend
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Going on uncyclopedia and reading about bull**** when a demonstrator is looking over your shoulder

Comment

Working...
                  X