Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are teh Evil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or are they doing some kind of overkill in US tv news when it comes to the use of animated logos, sound effects, subtitles, newsbars etc? I mean every tv station uses these to some extent, but sometimes when they switch from CNN Intl to CNN US at night there seems to be some kind of competition going on how much of those anims, newsbars, subtitles etc. you can fit onto the screen during a news report (not just as intro of a show or so) at the same time for maximum viewer confusion. If the trend continues they'll soon need to display epilepsy warnings before tv news.

CNN Intl has that all too, but in less intensity (yeah, my totally subjective impression), BBC World even less, which makes viewing much easier.
    Last edited by BeBMan; November 7, 2007, 07:41.
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Well lets see, the Fox fake news audience supported invading the wrong country and getting us into a quagmire so their powers of deduction are proven nearly non-existent while the Stewart/Colbert audience would more likely oppose such an action for reasons the Fox audience is just learning.

The author doesn't realize that the fake news jokes are exposing the fake politicians who make decisions based on fake claims. To him, the "news" is what the politicians tell us thru media middlemen.
      If you truly think so, send these two paragraphs as feedback. Personally, I presume that "pretends not to realize" would be a better choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        Obama clearly thinks so
        That's kind of funny. He's actually threatened by a comedian running a joke campaign? What he thinks Stewart and Colbert viewers would other wise vote for him if they weren't voting for a comedian? Sad if true.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well lets see, the Fox (and CBS. and ABC, and CNN, and NBC...) fake news audience supported invading the wrong country...
          FIXED
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            I take it Zscrib hasn't paid attention to the TV news reports for the last 20 years, as it has all been infotainment since at least the late 80s. Walter Cronkite was probably the last 'real' news reporter we had nationally; ...
            Shame on you, Theben! You didn't read my comment immediately following the opening article.

Comment

Working...
            X