My space help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My space help

MY space wont pull up on any of our computers in the house. No account will come up it takes me directly to the google web page what can be wrong? i know nothing about my space so anyone that can give me some advice thanks
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Your computers have become sentient and refuse to display it (and rightly so).

(Sorry )
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks i have narrowed it down to not my computers fault. cause their web pages can be accessed outside my house. by two differnt service providers. IM at a lost but oh well no sleep lost
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Follow the LINK. With a bit o' luck, it will take you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

Thanks i have narrowed it down to not my computers fault. cause their web pages can be accessed outside my house. by two differnt service providers. IM at a lost but oh well no sleep lost
          I don't understand that. You went somewhere else and could access MySpace?

You say you have several computers? Do they all have the same problem? If so, it is likely your router.
          Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

How would our router affect it?

We reset the router and the modem.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Omni Rex Draconis

I don't understand that. You went somewhere else and could access MySpace?

You say you have several computers? Do they all have the same problem? If so, it is likely your router.
              Yes i have the same problem with all computers. I even tried to create a new account and it does the same thing. i called a couple of my friends and they can acess my account instantly. When i log on it brings up the google search page.

Comment

Well, you said that none of your computers can access MySpace, but can connect to other sites. There is nothing wrong with MySpace. Something is blocking it, and the most likely cause is the router.

If your router has a reset button, well and good. If it doesn't, pull the power for a good minute and then plug it back in.

Blocked access would not explain being redirected to Google, however. How do you get to MySpace (what do you click on?)

Comment

Zkrib, i cant sign on to any of our accounts. I can bring up the website my space but wheni try to sign in it takes me directly to google search page.

Comment

OK, new post.

So it seems you can get to MySpace, but as soon as you log in to your account you get sent to Google (your home page?)

Correct?

Comment

google isnt my home page, but i get sent to the search page automaticly
                      it does this on all pcs.
                      I have tried to log into our accounts even thru fire fox so it isnt explorer either.

Comment

Would it have anything to do with DHCP on the router?

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                          Zkrib, i cant sign on to any of our accounts. I can bring up the website my space but wheni try to sign in it takes me directly to google search page.
                          Curses! My well laid plans have been twarted.

Comment

Why do you mention DHCP? It is in the ballpark, but not what I would expect.

The fact that is has botched all PCs really points a nasty finger at the elements up the chain - your router, your modem, your ISP.

ISP would probably drown in calls if they suddenly stopped showing MySpace.

Your modem does not selectively filter your connection. You are either connected, or you aren't.

Routers share the internet and are very much concerned about where information comes from and where it goes. I would go here first.

Quick test if you can. Connect a computer directly to the modem - no router. If MySpace comes up then you have your culprit. If not, router goes free.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Curses! My well laid plans have been twarted.

i guess that all depends on what ur well laid plans were

Comment

Working...
                              X