Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines: no sex on board our A 380s please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines: no sex on board our A 380s please.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Airline bans A380 mile-high club

Singapore Airlines has taken the unusual step of publicly asking passengers on its new Airbus A380 plane not to engage in any sexual activities.

The potential problem has arisen because the first class area of its giant superjumbo contains 12 private suites complete with double beds.

Singapore, which is the first airline to start flying the A380, said the suites were not sound-proofed.

It said it did not want anyone to offend other travellers or crew.

Singapore added that while the suites were private, they were also not completely sealed.

'Observing standards'

Bed in A380 first class lounge
    The suites offer privacy, but not that much privacy

"All we ask of customers, wherever they are on our aircraft, is to observe standards that don't cause offence to other customers and crew," the airline said in a statement.

"Nothing different applies for our Singapore Airlines Suites customers."

Singapore Airlines took delivery of its first A380 earlier this month, with the first services between Singapore and Sydney starting on 25 October.

It is now set to take delivery of a further five A380s in 2008, out of its order of 19.
    No sex in the clouds Singapore Airlines

A-380 with beds

*let's see how long before this turns into some Airbus vs. Boeing thing*
    Blah

and I was just going to post this.

Not an issue with me as I'll never fly the thing, let alone do that other thing.

But keep in mind someone has to clean up that mess. Though I've seen the cleaning crews in between flights, I think they all use gloves now days.

Who wants to handle crusty sheets?

Comment

What's the difference between a private suite (in an airplane on a 22-hour flight) and a private suite (in a hotel room for 1 hour)?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Since reliable sources * have repeatedly confirmed that sex in passenger aircraft is common and widespread even in regular seating, I don't exactly see how they are going to prevent it in the suites. People can have sex quietly if causing offense is the issue

Penthouse magazine, July 1986, August 1986 , November 1986, December 1986 . . . WHAT you don't believe the letters section????
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

you can have sex quietly?

and of all my years of flying, I have never seen sex in regular seating

In the U.S. you'd be labelled as a sex offender. Kids fly those planes too ya know. won't someone please think of the children!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            What's the difference between a private suite (in an airplane on a 22-hour flight) and a private suite (in a hotel room for 1 hour)?
            Asher? why are you going out to hotels just for the hour?

Are there some aspects of your employment that you have not shared?
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Asher? why are you going out to hotels just for the hour?

Are there some aspects of your employment that you have not shared?
              Just saying, it's not uncommon.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The potential problem has arisen because the first class area of its giant superjumbo contains 12 private suites complete with double beds.

And they really think telling people not to have sex will work?!

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  If forced. If my mother-in-law is in the next room, I know that its have it quietly or do without until the visit is over-- Its part of the reason we developed a basement suite

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

And they really think telling people not to have sex will work?!

ya, like telling kids not to eat from the cookie jar.

And you know some couple wants to be the first couple to do it in the new plane.

Comment

You know people are going to get the idea and make reservations b/c of the warning.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

and of all my years of flying, I have never seen sex in regular seating
                        Seen it? never. Experienced it ? Just once and it wasn't intercourse-- that was not going to happen-- But long flights at night can be perfect for some fooling around

Comment

Can you imagine having an orgasm during a fast descent
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            A serious answer?

Probably the level of soundproofing, the level of privacy and the lock on the door--

I'm just thinking that if some multi-millionaire is on the flight with his sugar baby of the moment in his super expensive private suite . . . the sex is going to happen

Comment

do these things have a door, or just a curtain?

Comment

Working...
                              X