Teh abstract concept of "LordShiva," and what it means to your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsk, tsk...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• what are You talking about? I just wanted to feel beautiful, and Cort Haus' cruel remarks made me cry
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

I must confess that I never did learn teh Hebrew meaning of these words :sadno: I do know that they exist, however, along with "yeshiva," which I think means some sort of school. I'm not sure when I came across them. It may have been when I read Leon Uris' Exodus in middle school.
        Im quite sure we discussed it once. Depending on the Hebrew spelling, sheva either means "vow" or the number seven, and is related to "Shabbat" the seventh day. Sitting shiva means following the custom of keeping seven days of morning. Confusingly"yeshiva" is from the word "to sit" and means a school for the advanced study or religious texts, the Hebrew equivalent of, dare I say it, "madrassah".
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Alas, no. But if you were to link to it, I would take time out of my deity-schedule to peruse it.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
            LS, have you had teh Balti?
            Never. I gather, from teh Bengali meaning of teh word, that it had something to do with bowls. I've seen Indian restaurants in England advertise their Balti fare, but I've never taken them up on it, so I'm still at a loss as to what it might be.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• wtf is a balti?
              Middle East!

Comment

• I don't know

We need:
                -ask Cort
                thread.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
                  wtf is a balti?
                  Balti is the name for a style of food probably first devised and served in Birmingham, England. The first written record of the term dates to 1984. [1] A number of restaurants in Birmingham have laid claim to inventing the Balti, but the true story of its origins is difficult to discover. The term was certainly in use in the late-1970s in South Birmingham.

The name Balti food has nothing to do with an ethnic group living in India and Pakistan who are also called Balti. These Balti people are Tibetan Muslims. The food 'Balti' is named after the pot in which it is cooked. Balti food is a Punjabi recipe and prepared mainly in the Punjabi way.

The food is a hot curry-style dish, most likely taking its name from the thick flat-bottomed steel or iron pot in which it is both cooked and served. Normally the balti is served with large naan bread; pieces of which are torn off by hand and used to scoop up the hot curry sauce from the pot. Side dishes and starters usually include onion bhajis, samosas, poppadums and creamy dips.

Balti combines the spices and ingredients of North Indian cuisine with the economics and efficiencies of Chinese cooking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balti_(food)
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Intriguing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=96296
                      A good read. Expert opinion suggest that teh Lord of teh Mark is indeed a king, as he is King of Rohan.

However, despite his kingness, he is not King of teh Mark, and, as such, I find QOTM and POTM to be inaccurate titles. Surely teh Queen of Rohan, as teh Lord of teh Mark's wife, would be Lady of teh Mark?

Comment

A good read. Expert opinion suggest that teh Lord of teh Mark is indeed a king, as he is King of Rohan.

However, despite his kingness, he is not King of teh Mark, and, as such, I find QOTM and POTM to be inaccurate titles. Surely teh Queen of Rohan, as teh Lord of teh Mark's wife, would be Lady of teh Mark?
                        While POTM is not this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish-American_princess
                        she IS my princess, and it seemed pretty logical. Once we had a princess, it seemed obvious her mother is a Queen. Beside, Lady of the Mark would abbreviate to LOTM and THAT would be too confusing

Comment

I am also deliberating whether to add a commandment against threads without message icons
                          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
                            now You will never be able to admire Stacy Keibler again
                            Oh yes I will. I keep the important part in my mind only.

Like so:
                            Attached Files
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Ah, You REALLY want me to spoil that too?
                              Middle East!

Comment

• Oh, trust me, I cant spoil it real good.

Spec.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X