Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did my #$@^&%!! morning go?! Let me tell you:

I had a meeting in downtown L.A. I was told to go down Flower, turn onto 6th & the parking was right there.

So the freeway's a parking lot. I get off, take surface streets, detours, etc, and begin heading south on Flower in only a mildly pschotic state.

But I'm on the wrong side of Flower; 6th is a one-way street, and I can't get over to make the turn. I do manage to turn a few blocks down, but now I face a series of no-left-turn intersections, so I can't get back. I go a half a dozen blocks, then swing around to my right, and ten minutes later, make it back to the 6th and Flower. I make the turn I was supposed to before, and presto, there's no parking entrance. I fight several more blocks, get turned around and back to Flower and 6th. I then see I'm really a block east of where I'm supposed to be, and again, I'm heading in the wrong direction! I go around again, and again there's no parking entrance. "F" this, I say, "Just 'F' this!"

I head east four blocks and north a half dozen blocks to my employee parking. I come out and head for the "Dash," the jitny bus that travels around downtown. I approach the Dash stop just as it's pulling away. So, it's down into the subway. The ticket machine repair guy is there. He's got one ticket machine open and is talking to a pair of tourists, explaining all the options available to them and the advantages of each of them. They are blocking the way to the only other ticket machine. A trio of people is patiently waiting in line for them to finish their conversation. I elbow my way through the milling crowd, buy a ticket, and just get to the subway as the train arrives. I head south two stops, get passed a phalynx of rent-a-cops checking tickets and head two blocks north to the building. (It turns out the parking entrance is not on 6th like I was told, but on Flower, where I had been 45 minutes before.)

I arrive at the meeting 35 minutes late . But the guy I was meeting with turned out to be a lady--and a babe at that and bright , so the morning wasn't a complete waste.

Comment

smillies
      happy ending

Comment

The good news is that she is indeed a babe
        The bad news is that she's about half my age.
        ...I guess I shudda asked if she had a twin.

Comment

a twin would be the same age as her... but ok!

Comment

With twin hot chicks you can add their ages together.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Zkribbler, you should DO HER!
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Zkribbler, you should DO THEM!
                Fixed.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  The good news is that she is indeed a babe
                  The bad news is that she's about half my age.
                  ...I guess I shudda asked if she had a twin.
                  Should have asked if her mother is single.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                  X