Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning

How is your morning? I'm feeling good. YOu ever get that feeling? I'm not a morning person but sometimes you get this good feeling of both calm but also excited and anticipating things. It's a very good feeling. It's like the silence before the storm.

I figure this is going to be a good day. I even told myself, "this day is going to be off the charts!". Now, all I need to do is read, write, read, write, read, write. YES!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Not a good morning for me. I just got news of a rejection from the job interview I had on Friday. They said they thought I was excellent at the things they actually wanted for the job, but turned me down for 'client-facing' reasons, which is odd because the words 'client-facing' weren't mentioned once in an hour of interviews.

Perhaps they didn't like my haircut. :shrug: Oh well, their loss. And mine.

Comment

It's evening here of a busy day, I'm sleepy, but goodmorning to you Pekka.

Cort, sorry about the job.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I suppose we will be intimidated by your progress shortly
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Morning Pekka.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

A so so moring here. Got stuck in traffic on the way home from the girl friend's house, then stuck in traffic again on the way to work, putting me 45 minutes hehind. Good thing I come to work an hour early!

I was also greated with a pile of folders on my desk that were definitley not there when I left yesterday
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Good morning? What's good about it? Harrumph.

-Arrian, NOT a morning person.
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

hooray for happy people!

i'm a morning person regularly, and this day is going very splendidly so far.

Comment

I hate weekday mornings from fall to spring. I cant stand getting up when its still dark outside.

I love mornings from spring to mid September though. You know, when its all bright and shinny.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hey Spec, tell me about it. I guess we face similar weather mostly so... I hate it too. It kind of gets me down, can't help it.

Oh well! It was a decent day, got some things done. I hope tomorrow will start the same way, energized but calm and relaxed.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Why do we always decide not to do what we really want to do? For example right now, I'd like to get some ice cream, all kidns of things with it, everything that goes with it. Chocolate sauce, toffee sauce, cream, candy... then I'd like to go outside to the middle of the city, blast soem KC and the sunshine band and dance totally naked. Just wiggle my body, do all the nasty moves my body is able to do. Then, I'd like to shoot a house with a bazooka. No humans inside or animals, I'd just like to take that sucker down with a bazooka. I remember what it feels like too, you can feel it in your body, your chest and everything. It's like super fast sex, excellent.

Thne I'd like to ride an elephant. Then I'd like to break something more, I don't know, nothing expensive though. Maybe like a guitar or two, like a rockstar. Then I'd like to hang out in a jacuzzi. Maybe few exotic drinks with straw and all kidns of things so you have to go on an adventure to actually get your lips to touch the glass and drink. Then I'd like to hug a monkey. Not an aggressive monkey, but one of them human like monkeys. Maybe the monkey can do the *PRrrr* thing for me, like they do in the movies.

Then I'd like to ride a waterslide. A LOONG one. Then I'd like to have some cold beers and THEN I'd like to watch few movies and fall asleep. Then I'd call it a day. A day when I did the things I really wanted to do.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Now that I think of it, I'm just a little kid. I guess I never really grew up. Whatever that means.
                        In da butt.

Comment

I love my job, man. I just ordered some new books that arrived yesterday. They're sooo good. I usually can't find books that deal with my issues 100%, there's maybe one chapter of interest. Most of the times it's just some part of a chapter that relates to my subject. However, I have 4 new books, that deals with parts of my POV a lot. It's like every single topic is super interesting and well written. The best part? I've read most of the stuff these books refer to, so it is easy for me to relate. It is as if I wrote the books. Sure, I paid a lot, like 200 euros altogether, which is a lot of money to me. But now I get to read these books and spend my week just internalizing them. It's as if I was reading my favourite books and got paid to do it How can it get any better than that? Well, it does get better than that, since I get to test my skills in real life as well, I get to simulate being a hacker, spy an so forth... all in big organizations. COOL!

I'm pissing myself from excitement. I show up at work every day early, leave late, not because I have to though. But I like doing it. I can't wait to read more. I can't wait to write and do more. It's like Christmas is here every day! It's just not getting old either.... ahh I'm happy, my hobby is my job

Tomorrow should be a good morning as well. I'm not a morning person, but I don't mind waking up, because I know I get to read interesting stuff and get to do all kinds of weird things. The best part? I'm wayy ahead of things. Because this has been my hobby, I already have a library full of stuff and I've internalized them all. And I don't have to justify my weird library anymore, I can just say it's for work. If Amazon or someone else asks me "dude, why do you have like 15 books on propaganda alone?" I can just say "it is my job". It's no longer just "I'm curious". So I just moved from suspicious person to professional. I'm now a pro weirdo

Pro weirdos
                          In da butt.

Comment

Re: Good morning

Originally posted by Pekka
                            How is your morning? I'm feeling good. YOu ever get that feeling? I'm not a morning person but sometimes you get this good feeling of both calm but also excited and anticipating things. It's a very good feeling. It's like the silence before the storm.
                            Nope, never.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Propaganda is BSing to convince people of more BS, yes?
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X