X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a break!

Global Warming denial.
    bleh

I think it made a good case. Never denied global warming, only stated the obvious, that the scientific community is NOT in consensus about the cause of it.

The real answer is, we still don't know for sure.

I hate this Al Gore ******* anyway, the punk got a Nobel for WHAT?!?! That's not a .. I mean **** it, I don't even want a Nobel anymore, I'd rather win the Oscar or something, it has more value now.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I can't stand John Stossel
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The host did seem like a real tosser though...
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          I'd rather win the Oscar or something, it has more value now.
          Gore won that too
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Oh crap, that's true.. OK, an Emmy then!
            In da butt.

Comment

I won a chocolat bar the other day.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

How big was it? DOes it come with chocolate tables and everything?
                In da butt.

Comment

Or wait. Is this code language for man love clubs?
                  In da butt.

Comment

No no, no codes. It was regular size with a plastic wrap.

My gf stole it from me and ate it.

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                      It was regular size with a plastic wrap.
                      Is this code language for man love clubs?

Sounds like it to me.
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Attached Files
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The host did seem like a real tosser though...
                          can't trust a guy with that kind of mustache

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with Pekka on both accounts.

I saw a documentary about it too, recently, which made essentially the same points. Carbon dioxide follows a rising temperature rather than precedes it. And sun spots have a big influence on global temperature, and the sun's very active at the moment.

Not to mention that's there's a huge self-sustaining lobby behind the whole global warming movement as well.

Whatever the case may be, Al Gore saying the debate is over is highly unscientific. We can't possibly say we know everything about the Earth's climate yet, so how can they be so sure about this?

Even so, I think investing in "green" energy can only be a good thing. Perhaps also because of this:
                            If you could vote for a president of the United States who would be excellent in solving one issue, yet only average in every other area, what one issue would you want him/her to solve? Assume the president isn’t magic,...
                            Last edited by Mercator; October 29, 2007, 17:08.
                            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I think it made a good case. Never denied global warming, only stated the obvious, that the scientific community is NOT in consensus about the cause of it.
                              Since when do we need 101 percent consensus before something is considered factual?

There are people today who still disagree that the Earth is round, and that it is flat. Does this mean that it's not true that the Earth is round?
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X