Doctor pepper screwed me over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    --you forgot to mention that the waitresses wore really, really short shirts. God bless the drive-in restaurants.
    Yeah, well, I was pretty young, so I was more impressed by the root beer.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Trivia that no one has yet pointed out:

Dr. Pepper: carbonated prune juice (yep, you heard me right).
      Mr Pipp: Coca Cola's knockoff of Dr. Pepper.
      You're wrong.

Comment

--you forgot to mention that the waitresses wore really, really short shirts. God bless the drive-in restaurants.
        True dat :desire:
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          I remember back in early to mid 1960's, did anyone here ever go to a Drive-In A & W Root Beer with Frosty Cold GLASS MUGS?

This was a real treat when I lived in Portland Maine, out in Westbrook I believe.

Later, I remember having Plastic Mugs maybe in 1970's (Late) or early 1980's
          They still have frosty glass mugs in Canada.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

They still have frosty glass mugs in Canada.
            Awesome, Canada wide is A & W or is it more provincial?

I ask because like Bojangles Chicken is mostly in North carolina....very good chicken joint, same for Church's Chicken., South and North Carolina, not sure if anywhere else....

Comment

we have churchs chicken here in texas but none in utah!!! and our drive thru skirt gals was called sonic, course i wasnt looking cause there was no guys
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Awesome, Canada wide is A & W or is it more provincial?

I ask because like Bojangles Chicken is mostly in North carolina....very good chicken joint, same for Church's Chicken., South and North Carolina, not sure if anywhere else....
                As far as I know it's Canada wide.

Looked it up on wikipedia...in 1972 the Canadian A&W chain became completely independent, that explains why they still have the old-school stuff.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

We have Sonic here, they used to be on Roller Skates but havent seen Roller Skates in last 10 years at either location

Glad you have Church's there too

I actually had Church's Chicken in Tegulcigalpa Honduras when waiting to fly home from my first Mission Trip

Of course, down there, they had a bunch of Armed guards with machine guns and shotguns, at least we were safe from MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) who were prevalent at the time

Comment

We have Sonic here, they used to be on Roller Skates but havent seen Roller Skates in last 10 years at either location

Glad you have Church's there too

I actually had Church's Chicken in Tegulcigalpa Honduras when waiting to fly home from my first Mission Trip

Of course, down there, they had a bunch of Armed guards with machine guns and shotguns, at least we were safe from MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) who were prevalent at the time
                    roller skates yes they here when i was in high school god this sucks 20 years ago, Hell im getting old ,No guys on skates tho just the gals
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

In the US A&W are fairly independent (they are still around in some places). Some are nice sit down restaurants, others are dirty greasy spoon type places.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I like IBC better than the ones mentioned.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Probably increased their workers' comp. insurance too much. One fall and oops, a paralyzed employee.

Comment

I likes teh Dr Pepper
                            I doesn't likes teh Mr Pibb

As I recall, Coke came out with Mr Pibb in the '70s and claimed to have successfully copied Dr Pepper, and that a key ingredient is prune. Hence many of my friends started calling it Prune.

Just because some company hack says DP never had prune in it doesn't mean they ain't lyin'.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

The Sonics around Augusta GA often have skaters.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                                Just because some company hack says DP never had prune in it doesn't mean they ain't lyin'.
                                The Dr Pepper website says it doesn't contain prune juice. It is silent about prune flavoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X