Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studying management - someone, anyone, please, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My insight, also having some small background in business/HR, is to learn it by learning to understand people. If the class teaches you to pay attention to other people and to learn to understand how they think and why they think what they do, it will have accomplished much

Read "First, discover your strengths" (or is it Now discover yours strengths ... one or the other); and "Powerful Conversations". I don't remember authors worth a darn, but those are both useful HR type books. I am not sure if it would apply to your class as I have no idea what the class teaches (it could be a lot of different things, saying it covers "HR" is like saying an engineering class covers "Mechanics", ie not very descriptive).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Engineers et. al. are actually competent enough to do both, those liberal arts people wouldn't be able to do our stuff at all. That's why.
      Has there ever been a decent storyline written by a computer geek in any of these computers games?

"Hoards of orcs are attacking. But luckily, your father left you his enchanted sword and this mysterious map."

Comment

The reason you must wade through this crap is so that you can communicate effectively with the rest of humanity - the bulk of which are not techies.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
        X