Worst ending to a sci-fi trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst ending to a sci-fi trilogy?

This poll is about series that were doing pretty well until the third movie came along and retroactively ruined the first two through its sheer badness. There have been a number of such movies in the sci-fi genre; off the top of my head, I can think of Terminator 3, Alien 3, and Matrix Revolutions.

I'm adding SW episode 3 even though the first two prequels sucked, just because Anakin's "seduction to the dark side" is so ass-bitingly ridiculous and implausible that IMO it makes the first two seem almost well-written by comparison. Plus the original trilogy was relatively unscathed before we found out the man behind the mask was a deranged, gullible tool who kills children so the obviously untrustworthy old man will stop his bad dreams. That just destroyed everything for me.

Other bad endings to bad series, such as the latest Resident Evil flick (I assume it's bad because the first two were among the worst I've seen), are not eligible.
    Alien 3
    11.94%
    Terminator 3
    17.91%
    Matrix Revolutions
    46.27%
    Star Wars Episode 3
    8.96%
    Other (please specify)
    5.97%
    Son of Revenge of the Mutant Bananas part 3
    8.96%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I have not played Halo 3 and it is not a movie but I think I can make a good case for it being the worst sci fi trilogy film ending of the last few decades, at least.

Comment

I haven't seen Matrix Revolutions... but if it is to 2 as 2 was to 1... it'd get my vote.

Comment

Re: Worst ending to a sci-fi trilogy?

Originally posted by Elok
        I'm adding SW episode 3 even though the first two prequels sucked, just because Anakin's "seduction to the dark side" is so ass-bitingly ridiculous and implausible that IMO it makes the first two seem almost well-written by comparison. Plus the original trilogy was relatively unscathed before we found out the man behind the mask was a deranged, gullible tool who kills children so the obviously untrustworthy old man will stop his bad dreams. That just destroyed everything for me.
        Oh but you are too kind. Star Wars gets the award with an Oak Leaf Cluster: for Episodes 3 & 6. Six ended with dancing Ewoks for crying out loud, and with everyone grinning mindlessly, as if they were creatures from the 1960's.

Comment

Matrix wins for sheer ruined potential.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Both Alien 3 and Terminator 3 was way better than #2.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              Nice try.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

Nice try.
                Are you trying to claim that A2 and T2 was in any way better than A1/3 and T1/3 ????
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What I mean is nobody's falling for your blatant troll. Of course A2 and T2 were better than A3 and T3.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

No doubt - we definatley need a firing sqad smiley

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Civ 3.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Civ 3.
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Star Wars and Matrix sucked, so teh third one wasn't much worse than teh first two.

Therefore, I vote for Terminator 3. Even teh hot chick couldn't save it
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Worst ending to a sci-fi trilogy?

Originally posted by Elok
                            This poll is about series that were doing pretty well until the third movie came along and retroactively ruined the first two through its sheer badness.

And somehow Episode 3 made it onto your list?

I'm adding SW episode 3 even though the first two prequels sucked, just because Anakin's "seduction to the dark side" is so ass-bitingly ridiculous and implausible that IMO it makes the first two seem almost well-written by comparison.

Ah. I guess... I still think there are even more unwatchably bad parts in Episode 2 than 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Thank you, that was funny

Comment

Working...
                              X