Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The machinizations are set in motion, the die will be cast upon the morrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Did it pass inspection?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Papa Mente inspecting the work.
        Did he notice that these guys too have switch from rocks and concrete to building the wall out of string.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          [/IMG]

Cristina tossing a small beach rock. She and Malou, Boni's wife, gathered some small rocks that were good for the top of the wall. Their job is preparing the food for the guys so this was over and above the call of duty.
          Are you sure she didn't say, "Americans are stupid, throw rocks at them?"

Nice pictures, except the one at the top of pg 3. Some bozo in it ruins the quality...
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Looks like a lovely place to live. (Any sandy beaches nearby?) What's the weather like?

Comment

Wezil, it did pass inspection and also survived some decent sized waves two days ago.

We're taking delivery of limestone muck that we're using to fill in behind the wall. The property will eventually be pretty close to level with the top of the wall. The amount of muck required will likely add up to 120 cubic meters. It's horrible stuff to try and shovel so I'm going to hire a 'payloader' which Papa Mente informs me will do the gruesome job in half a day.

Then its on to building the 'salacot', which in this case will be a two story structure, but I get ahead of myself.

Zkrib, we've build that wall out of anything that came to hand. Rock, rounded ocean stones, chunks of dead coral, sand, gravel, good intentions, and cement. The string however is there just to create the impression that we know what we're doing.

Theben, that's a game in the Philippines called 'Dodgerock'. I was honored to be invited to play on many occasions and have the bruises to prove it.

Aeson, there are sandy beaches in a few places. Panglao, which is connected to Bohol by causeway has world famous white sand beaches and is a renouned place for diving on the reefs. I've done some snorkleing this trip but no diving yet. You can still buy white sand beach property on Panglao. In Anda which is the opposite direction from Panglao, further from civilization, there are some pretty beaches too. I'll submit this and then find a few links.

The weather is warm and often humid but this is rainy season so its cooler. The rain comes and goes mostly. Rarely does it settle in a just rain for hours or a day.

Comment

Experience the best beach front in Panglao

Boholdapdapresort Store, boholdapdapresort.com, www.boholdapdapresort.com

Comment

Isn't Panglao the place we stopped off to look at when you were taking Danny, April and me to the Seacat when I was leaving?

Comment

I wouldn't count on that wall against a tsunamis.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      Isn't Panglao the place we stopped off to look at when you were taking Danny, April and me to the Seacat when I was leaving?
                      Panglao is the place where we looked for your retirement property Zkrib, you took a few pics iirc. There's one beach pic in the thread you made on your return.

KitOchaos, the island of Bohol is centrally located in the Phils, totally surrounded and protected by other islands. Any wave that could threaten the wall has first to go over some fairly impressive land masses.

Comment

[/IMG]

Kids of my brother in law Boni and his wife Malou. Malou is in the pic too and Dolores.

Comment

Boni, Dolores, Malou, and Ruth

Comment

Working...
                          X