Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The machinizations are set in motion, the die will be cast upon the morrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they blew your country up?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

The cement mixer was fun too. Now we're worried about leaving it there overnight.
      Mount an armed guard, Lancer! I came home tonight to find one of my trash cans had been stolen! Lord knows what they could get on the blackmarket for a stolen cement mixer.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Lancer the sweat shop foreman
        It hurt so much to sit down today that it really helped me to keep working. I lead by example!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          So today I worked hard in tropical warmth and nearly died maybe, though I didn't mention it. My heart was beating like a heart beats when its really beating alot more than seems right. The sweat poured off me.

It's late October and still in the high 80s around here. That's what I look like doing construction and tree work. And the cement mixers can be fun!

The Filipino workers were amazed, I don't think they've ever seen a white guy work.

Maybe they were afraid you would explode or something.
          Its just like that around here, definately warm. Having the ocean right there is very nice though. Get too hot, jump in and cool off! Plus we have fresh cool sweet water plumbed in that's very refreshing.

Around here its not the white guys that explode, its the moslems.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
            Pics?

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
              The Filipino workers were amazed, I don't think they've ever seen a white guy work. I believe they found it very disconcerting like when the universe goes backward which it never really does, but then niether do white guys ever really work in this country.

Lancer, please don't give a bad example... Next time they expect us white guys to work
              Too late Hueij, I've become a source of entertainment for the locals. This culture has no problem with watching people work, its a major pass time for the old and unemployed...as well as the cute! Some very cute girls came to check out the spectacle.

Comment

Yeah I took some. Now, how do I get them from inside the electronic camera and into this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

BLURP, BLURP, BLURP
                  No...that's more of an end of the world, wrath of God type wave, not a stormy high tide Bohol island style wave. The kind of thing that hits Thailand, not here.

Comment

Re: Re: The machinizations are set in motion, the die will be cast upon the morrow!

Originally posted by Zkribbler

The money sounds good but man, do I hate tuna!
                    ...and what has poor innocent tuna ever done to you? Did you trip oner a can in the market or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      I thought they blew your country up?
                      There was a bomb in the Ayala mall in Manila. Here on Bohol theres nothing worth blowing up, and very few moslems, and/or communists and the ones we have are the non explosive kind.

Comment

Yeah I took some. Now, how do I get them from inside the electronic camera and into this thread?
                        Use the cables from the camera to connect to the PC - save to hard drive - attach to posts.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Mount an armed guard, Lancer! I came home tonight to find one of my trash cans had been stolen! Lord knows what they could get on the blackmarket for a stolen cement mixer.
                          They told me not to worry about it, that the locals would watch it for us. It was still there this morning. L.A. it aint. Though even in my little town in Oregon it would have been gone. I love these people of Bohol!

Comment

Actually Dolores has some pics on the internet using something called 'friendster'. Know anything about that?

Comment

Too late Hueij, I've become a source of entertainment for the locals. This culture has no problem with watching people work, its a major pass time for the old and unemployed...as well as the cute! Some very cute girls came to check out the spectacle.
                              Pics?

Comment

Some very cute girls came to check out the spectacle.
                                Why wasn't that listed as part of the compensation package $4/day, tuna and cute girls oogling the hardworking labor force.
                                Last edited by Zkribbler; October 23, 2007, 18:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X