Who should I be outraged at? The status of the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should I be outraged at? The status of the USA

In a similar line of thought to the "Are you a patriot thread" I have really been giving this question a lot of thought lately...... really. My question is this:

WHO the hell do I blame for the mess going on right now in America, who is the most responsible, who should I be the most outraged at? The mess defined as not only the war in Iraq but economic troubles, the rule of law collapsing and the constitution being torn to shreds.

I hate our president. In my eyes he is a corrupt bastard and a criminal..... and I am not one of the brainless legions saying this. While the war in Iraq was reving up and the people against it said "It's all about the oil!" I was saying no "It's all about the contractors and the money they can spend on the war." Time shows who was right.

Our president is a criminal and rotten to the core. Check.

Many of our higher institutions are effectively run by the executive who appoints their leaders, so I hold say, the justice department, as being the fault of the president.

Our legislature is quite corrupt, not entirely however. It's bigger issue is complete partisanship. It has not been about running our country in a long time, if it ever has, but it has gotten noticeably worse in the last (almost) 8 years. The legislature is about partisan politics and nothing else.

House and senate in the toilet, check.

Our courts will not hold anyone else accountable. They stick their heads in the sand and refuse to enforce the constitution.

Courts are cowardly. Check.

The media has failed at the switch. It should be their job to inform the masses of the problems upon problems, corruption upon corruption, injustice upon injustice but they do not.

I am not sure I would hold the media liable per say, they just do what their owners tell them.

Big corporations/conglomerates.

I am unsure I can blame them except specifically, the ones who broke crimes or the big media moguls. I really do think that our march to war would of been much, much, much less popular if Fox News Et Al were not banging the drum of patriotism as we want to war with Iraq. If we removed the media moguls from the equation who rallied behind the republicans, Bush wouldn't of gotten a second term and things would of been better.

The people.

Part of me wants to scream out of a car window with a megaphone "YOU STUPID SHEEP. YOU ARE THE REASON POLITICIANS GET AWAY WITH THE CRAP THEY DO-YOU DO NOT HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE! YOU ARE IGNORANT! YOU ARE INACTIVE! YOU DON'T CARE!"

Then I consider the massive voter fraud which occurs(it happens in every election, not as any grand conspiracy, but independent actors on a local level), redistricting and the media not reporting, the complexity of modern life can I blame them?

So, who is to blame, or the MOST to blame rather? It is hard to point to any one and say "YOU ARE TO BLAME!

I personally would pick Bush first and the media moguls, second, followed closley by the legislature and the courts.
    The executive
    20.00%
    The legislature
    5.00%
    The judiciary
    0.00%
    The media
    10.00%
    Big corporations/conglomerates
    10.00%
    The people
    55.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    Last edited by Vesayen; October 19, 2007, 12:03.

You forgot "All of the above"
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Who is the MOST to blame? Pick 1.

I need to do a second poll after this one, as I have a feeling Bush will be blamed roughly 60% or so by the time this thread dies.

Comment

H: All of the above.

But if you must hate one the most, make it yourself, unless you're doing something about it. (posting on obscure web sites does not count)
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I vote in my states primary which is far more then most and participate in my local goverment when I find the time to.

I did campaign work in 2000 when there was a canidate I wanted to vote for, and not against the other guy(I like Gore), nothing fancy, door to door stuff, my state was a firmly blue state when it comes to presidential elections so I doubt it had much effect however.

I volunteered to work in a court, however being a volunteer, you can be certain I didn't do much of anything important, let alone deal with the constitutional crisis of our time.

I keep myself informed and find the time to find out what is actually happening.

I am not responsible insofar as the "masses" are. I do my part.

Comment

As usual with these things the blame ought to be levelled at the things that people would least like to blame or give up.

So there's no question of "returning to truly American values", since these are what have caused the current debacle. Ask yourself in what sort of country would a venal idiot like Bush even get a significant proportion of the votes, and you have your answer.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Corporations

Life would be crap without them.

BTW, this poll is invalid
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

While the war in Iraq was reving up and the people against it said "It's all about the oil!" I was saying no "It's all about the contractors and the money they can spend on the war."
                Time showed both to be wrong.

In any case about half the US population thinks the economy is in recession. Why would they think something that stupid when it is obviously not the case? Who told them that?

The media

media moguls from the equation who rallied behind the republicans
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

VEsayen, you should do what I do. You've realized something important here, you don't have to be depressed to see that everything and everyone sucks.

Now, the US isn't such a bad place after everything is said and done. It's a good place and it'll continue to be a good place as long as the normal citizen continue to be their genuine selves and forget about this political crap and everything that creates friction within the society plus of course internationally.

But that aside, it's all pretty good. But you still realize everything outside natural reality of things is crap. So now what you can do is not get mad, because you can be mad all your life then. Just distance yourself from it. This is the key. Distance yourself, become a freeloader. I don't mean freeloading from the society, I mean just resign from it. Laugh at it. People are stupid. It's a fact. Now, why get mad about it? Just laugh at it and don't think about it too much. Let the idiots fight for the crumbles. Start doing things you want to do. Stop defining yourself as a citizen. Just be a free spirit as much as you can.

I'm eagerly waiting for big **** ups, it'll just make things more interesting. It's all entertainment to me. Not human suffering, but the whole game. It's rigged. You aren't part of the inner circle so form your own one man circle. That's what I did. I noticed that no institution has authority over me anymore. If someone really tries to screw me over and use authority, they're going to fail miserably. I don't recognize their power anymore. So to me it's just some idiot thinking he can have his ways with me. It'll always come down to nature's own laws. If he can kick my ass, I might comply. If not? Screw him. My opinions can't be bought anymore, because I don't care. That's not to say I have lost my values. It's just to say I don't take **** from people, institutions or other entities. I don't feel envy either. I'm not jealous or sad that some other person gets to hog more stuff than I do. That's because I'm a one man inner circle, it doesn't get more elite or underground than that. People might say, well you're being insane. Clinically? Not true. Nature's law? Well, can you kick my ass? If not, move out of my way or face the consequences, because I'm walking out!
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The people. Some more than others...

Comment

Why aren't the Zionazis on the list?
                      Last edited by Riesstiu IV; October 19, 2007, 14:27.

Comment

OH MY GOD! I NEVER REALIZED AMERIKKKA IS SO SCREWED. IMMA GO COMMIT SUICIDES.

Fact is, America is doing about as well as it's always been doing and all this dirty crap has been going on since it was founded.

In conclusion, same poopoo different day.
                        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I hate everything .

The administration gets top biling. But the democrats are just spineless. I'd be ashamed to call myself a democrat. I never was a republican, though I used to vote republican throughout most of the nineties. So really, I am to blame. You can blame me for voting Bush in 2000 (not in 2004 though).

In essence the blame lies squarely with the american people. They elect the officials, they do not push for reforms of the political system. They do not educate themselves and support a culture of intellectualism necessary to produce bright leaders.

Comment

America has never been in a stronger position. We have lost about as many troops under Bush as under Clinton. We have low unemployment and have had no terror attacks since 9/11.

Everyone here needs to stop complaining. All people on this site ever do is complain and talk about how great Canada is. Who is stopping North Korea from developing its nukes? Who canned Libya's nuclear program? Who sent the Taliban into a ditch? Who beheaded Saddam Hussein with an overly tight noose? We did and no one else. Go play with your fiddles while the big boys keep you safe.

Comment

"Who is stopping North Korea from developing its nukes"

Realistically? China.

"Who canned Libya's nuclear program"

US

"Who sent the Taliban into a ditch?"

International coalition forces

"Who beheaded Saddam Hussein with an overly tight noose?"

Iraqi people.

"We did and no one else"

In some weird alternative flag waving reality, sure. I might be able to give Saddam and even Taliban to US though, since it did the most part.

NK nukes? Not in this life time, sorry
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X