Ciao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat
    And what the heck has that to do with "a decent meal" ?
    I'm going for the art not the hotels or the food.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I'm going for the art not the hotels or the food.
      Ok, the spagettis has some fine art, but they also have some of the best wines in the world and their cuisine, well
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think I have defective taste buds when it comes to Italian food. I've eaten at expensive places, and I'm not impressed. I'd rather have the stuff from some Mom & Pop place.

I'll probably try the wine...but I'm from California and I'm a little gingoistic about our wines.

Comment

Well, last time I was in Rome I avoided tourist traps and fancy looking restaurants and got the best when I strayed away from the "obvious" places (thats actually how I prefer to visit a new place - mingling with the local savages).

"gingoistic" not even dict knows that ????

Nothing wrong with cali wines and I'm a fan of your Zinfandels - just give italian wine a decent chance
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Tip to USians; don;t go on holiday in anywhere but the US for a while...
            what about mexico?

Comment

"gingoistic" not even dict knows that ????
              I shudda spelled it with a "J" ... "Jingoism" ... ultra nationalism. Exemplied in the U.S. by the phrase, "My country, may she always be right, but right or wrong, my country."

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I shudda spelled it with a "J" ... "Jingoism" ... ultra nationalism. Exemplied in the U.S. by the phrase, "My country, may she always be right, but right or wrong, my country."
                Yup, that makes dict much more happy and your comment comprehendible

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I heard that if you see a pretty girl in Italy, that it's perfectly acceptable for a man to grab her ass or boobs or grotesquely mime oral sex at her. And I heard that if the woman complains that the police will arrest her.

Truly a modern society.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Though, if you want good pizza, then you at least are going to the right place
                    Pizza is American food.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      Pizza is American food.
                      If I recall my pizza history correctly, it was invented in New York, taken back to Italy by returning immigrants. There, it was "discovered" by GI's during World War II, who took it back to American where it became mainstay during the 50's.

Comment

Bring a suitcase full of peanut butter sandwiches...or money, whichever.

For that same $75 you could eat 25 meals at the Garden Cafe, but then you would explode soo...
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          ...Garden Cafe...

Comment

New menu at the Garden Cafe!
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

As long as they didn't add balut...
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X