No announcement yet.

Legalise all drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, they'd be harmless. I wish Jay and Bob hanged out there though.

But more like these.. career nothings.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I argued about this some weeks ago with people close to me and just for considering a *possible* legalization of *some* of the *weaker* drugs I was treated like a Nazi
      Blah

Comment

Shouldn't it be the ohter way around? How does it make you a nazi. I think it should make you a druggie and someone who can never be trusted again.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A nazi because it proves that I want people to die from drug use all over the place
          Blah

Comment

Dictating what people can't do with themselves is unethical.

Legalize drugs (but tax them!)
            http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Can someone please tell me the difference between "ethics" and "dogma"?
              Dogma is doing stuff because that is they way they have always been done. Banning Cannabis, or for example muslims banning pork, are examples of dogma.

A concept is ethical if you can rationally convince somebody with an open mind to agree.
              http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Banning things just drives demand. Drug problems didnt exist until after the ban. Then suppliers had a incentive(or the money) to both supply the need and expand the market while at it. Basic free market principles ignored as ussual.
                Drug problems are as old as mankind, it just happens to be immoral to put someone in a cage with violent criminals because they have a drug problem or to put millions of other people in the same cages because you or I have a drug problem. But what you say about the economics is spot on, it is interesting that when Nixon began his drug war he focused on pot coming across the border and that led traffickers to embrace cocaine and heroin which were more compact and harder to detect. You go to your neighborhood dealer for pot and he's out but he has this white powder for the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Thue
                  Dictating what people can't do with themselves is unethical.

Legalize drugs (but tax them!)
                  Taking drug money is ethical?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Pretty much every government does it already.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                      Drug problems are as old as mankind, it just happens to be immoral to put someone in a cage with violent criminals because they have a drug problem or to put millions of other people in the same cages because you or I have a drug problem. But what you say about the economics is spot on, it is interesting that when Nixon began his drug war he focused on pot coming across the border and that led traffickers to embrace cocaine and heroin which were more compact and harder to detect. You go to your neighborhood dealer for pot and he's out but he has this white powder for the nose.
                      Is that why there's no demand for alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                        Pretty much every government does it already.
                        Taking it and getting a piece of the action is different. I should have specified.

Comment

no, its how the demand for cocaine and heroin grew out of the effort to ban pot

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                            no, its how the demand for cocaine and heroin grew out of the effort to ban pot

Doesn't mean that the demand wouldn't be less if you could pick up some smack at the dope store.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Taking it and getting a piece of the action is different. I should have specified.
                              I'm sorry, I don't see your distinction between the two...

"Taking it" I presume to be the tax idea, but what is "getting a piece of the action"?
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

heroin and cocaine weren't readily available until traffickers switched from pot. The demand before that time was much lower than it became when those drugs were introduced to replace pot. If you have pot and never heard of cocaine, your demand for cocaine dont register.

Comment

Working...
                                X