Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So..free universal music players..any out there y'all recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..free universal music players..any out there y'all recommend?

My main issue is those damn wma and m4a files. It means I'm stuck with some songs in iTunes and others in Windows Media Player. Totally sucks. Do you guys have any recom's for other players?
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Winamp 5.35. I'm not sold on Winamp 5.5 yet.
    B♭3

Comment

Mebbe Foobar2000.
      B♭3

Comment

Foobar2000 is very good
        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Winamp really whips that llama's ass
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: So..free universal music players..any out there y'all recommend?

Originally posted by Zevico
            My main issue is those damn wma and m4a files. It means I'm stuck with some songs in iTunes and others in Windows Media Player. Totally sucks. Do you guys have any recom's for other players?
            Zune is happy to read m4a

Comment

WinAmp.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: So..free universal music players..any out there y'all recommend?

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Zune is happy to read m4a
                Thread title says "free."
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The software is free.

Comment

another vote for foobar2k

functional, universal, plenty of plug-ins, very light

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Winamp really whips that llama's ass
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I use itunes. playes itunes files just fine. And so far, it's been my best player. I like fullscreen, winamp is too small. I used musicmatch jukebox for a time, but that became buggy.

My main concern with a large player (over winamp) is resources. But it doesn't seem too bad. I can run it in the background of games such as civ4 and world of warcraft no problem.

Comment

Winamp 5.5 has a new large-player interface.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            Winamp 5.5 has a new large-player interface.
                            I've heard the new Winamp is not very good though. Older versions are better...?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I like it fine.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X