No announcement yet.

Oh man the new Star Trek movie is gonna be awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh but TOS Klingons had no ridges. Surely there was a cost issue here. Most of the costumes of TOS looked ridiculous. Though TNG wasn't much better. The creature that killed Tasha Yar looked like it was a guy with a hefty bag over him. But that was first or second season, I think their budget got better after that.

Funny enough, they felt it necessary to explain why the Klingons had no ridges in TOS . This was done in Enterprise series, so I never watched it. I think I watched a few episodes of Enterprise, but just couldn't get into it.

Watched the Tribble episode of DS9 the other night on Spike tv. I never watched much DS9, and still feel it's boring. But they did a good job that episode getting the colors and sounds of TOS right. And blending in their actors with scens from TOS tribbles episode. Very good work. Funny episode and they talk about the lack of Klingon ridges in that episode. . The makeup and costumes of this episode should provide the inspiration they need for the new star trek movie, but I doubt they will do it. As I said before, they are better off re-imagining the star trek universe than going back to whirring tricorders and really short dresses for the women- actually that can stay.

Comment

Greatest movie of all time, book it.
      Strength & Honor!

Comment

in other news...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

He should sue! In Boston...

He's too busy saving the world one travel purchase at a time, as the Priceline karate man.
          Last edited by MrFun; October 22, 2008, 20:29.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Don't forget the mini-skirt uniforms.
            Those have been brought back.

The re-design is kinda nifty, and I'm okay with it.

And Harold and Sylar
            B♭3

Comment

Besides the fact that the cast of this movie looks 14ish, it looks sweet. Then again Cloverfield looked sweet & turned out to be a steamy giant turd. This movie better not be an hour and 15mins of crap! I want at LEAST 2 hours of crap.
              Strength & Honor!

Comment

Huh. I thought this was a new thread, until I saw an MtG post on the first page (plus, the "2007" was a clue, too).

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                X