No announcement yet.

Oh man the new Star Trek movie is gonna be awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trekkies disgust me, but I'm offended on their behalf with the liberties the producers of this new film are making. I wonder if they'll receive death threats like some of the Transfomers hacks did.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      For some odd reason I felt compelled to post this picture.

Kirk and Spock travel to another galaxy where they find English speaking Nazis have taken over the world. Strange but true plot line.
      Planet, not galaxy. And it was some Federation sociologist/historian who had Nazified them.

Comment

what season is this?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

As a somewhat zealous fan of Miss Ryder, I'm quite pleased. Being a devoted trekkie really doesn't hurt.

Oh, and...

" 11.09.2007
          Winona Ryder Cast as Spock's Mother

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice ... The human half of Spock appears to have a new face. Daily Variety has reported that Oscar-nominated actress Winona Ryder has been cast as "Amanda Grayson," the first human wife of Sarek, in the new "Star Trek XI" movie now in production under the direction of J.J. Abrams.

(Variety.com states that Ryder will play "the Vulcan mother of Spock," but this error was corrected in the print version of Daily Variety this morning.)

"Amanda" was originally introduced in "Journey to Babel," performed by the late Jane Wyatt, who reprised the role in "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home." Amanda was also portrayed in the animated episode "Yesteryear," where she was voiced by Majel Barrett (it is in that episode where the last name "Grayson" was established).

Winona Ryder is one of Hollywood's golden girls of the last two decades, first stealing hearts as a goth teen in her breakout role in Tim Burton's "Beetle Juice." She continued to establish herself as a movie star in "Heathers," "Edward Scissorhands," "Mermaids" and "Bram Stoker's Dracula." She earned an Academy Award nomination two years in a row, 1994 and 1995, first as a supporting actress in "The Age of Innocence" and then as a lead in "Little Women." She went on to play an android in "Alien: Resurrection," and co-starred with Whoopi Goldberg in "Girl, Interrupted."

Her career experienced a bit of a lull after a touch of legal trouble in 2001-02, but she began making an upswing again with several film roles including "A Scanner Darkly." She recently wrapped filming on a crime drama called "The Informers," and a comedy called "The Last Word." Other upcoming film roles include the dramas "Alpha Numeric" and "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee."

There is no information on how large the role of Amanda will be in the "Trek" movie. Given that Ryder, 36, is only six years older than Zachary Quinto, who plays her son, suggests that either she will be made up to appear older, or perhaps she will be seen in a flashback.
          "

Note the "(Variety.com states that Ryder will play "the Vulcan mother of Spock," but this error was corrected in the print version of Daily Variety this morning.)"
          Last edited by Tattila the Hun; November 10, 2007, 08:47.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Note the "(Variety.com states that Ryder will play "the Vulcan mother of Spock," but this error was corrected in the print version of Daily Variety this morning.)"
            Well, that's a relief...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Comment

Oh this is going to be so bad.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yea, there was no way they'd make a gaffe that big. I'm certainly no Trekkie, and even I know Spock had a human mother.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

the first human wife of Sarek, in the new "Star Trek XI" movie now in production under the direction of J.J.
                    Oh, thank the friggin' lord that they're so scrupulously following "canon" such that they're keeping in mind that Sarek will re-marry another Human in the 24th century.

A big New Jersey-style raspberry to the turd-brains who are behind this abortion. If they want to take us back to the 23rd century, that's fine, but at least have the guts to start from scratch and give us something worth seeing, instead of the same old ret-con shlock.

We can only hope that it's chock full of tachyon beams and other useless technobabble, flavor-of-the-day aliens who all look like Humans in makeup, and nothing that otherwise upsets those poor souls who have invested so much in Star Trek as it is instead of looking a great story.
                    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

You sound like a warsie.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        You sound like a warsie.
                        I had to look that one up on Urban Dictionary.

Hardly. Star Wars? You want to talk about ret-con schlock...?
                        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I like Star Trek and I like J.J. Abrams. I'm actually looking forward to this.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187

Oh, thank the friggin' lord that they're so scrupulously following "canon" such that they're keeping in mind that Sarek will re-marry another Human in the 24th century.

A big New Jersey-style raspberry to the turd-brains who are behind this abortion. If they want to take us back to the 23rd century, that's fine, but at least have the guts to start from scratch and give us something worth seeing, instead of the same old ret-con shlock.

We can only hope that it's chock full of tachyon beams and other useless technobabble, flavor-of-the-day aliens who all look like Humans in makeup, and nothing that otherwise upsets those poor souls who have invested so much in Star Trek as it is instead of looking a great story.
                            there's a reason most star trek races are humanoid. It was explained in an episode of TNG. Though you could argue that episode was written to cover for the fact they didn't have the imagination and/or makeup budget to create more wild aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              ...they didn't have the imagination and/or makeup budget to create more wild aliens.
                              It wasn't a budget issue. The original Star Trek's budget was miniscule compared to its successors, yet it has a creature made of light, the horta rock creature, a saurian Gorn, and a whole host of others.

The later "generations" of the show lacked imagination....and humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X