Disciplined...one of your qualities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael
    Anyways, let's get back to the fact that I'm also an unmotivated loser.
    Discuss the Topic not the posters!!!
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Stop expecting as much out of him as you do out of yourself.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Well I wouldn't compare people to myself. First of all I don't know a lot of people who are like me or would like to be like me. I'm a bit unorthodox, but anyway the point is that I would see other people as lazy as well.

Then again, I'm lazy oftne myself. I just don't have to give a big effort to do what I do. I like to spend lots of time reading, that is working time. That's OK though, that's what I'm supposed to do, but I kind of read other stuff as well . I might be surfing lots of unrelated things, and generally not be in compliance of what I'm supposed to do. Then again I do get the stuff done. But I'll go as long as ***** and whine if someone has a problem with it. A peer or someone below me? Authority.

I don't care. I'm not a very loyal person to any entity. I'm loyal to people. Not entities or institutions. I'll do what was agreed upon and I'll do it well. IF someone has a problem with the way I spend my time doing it, I personally don't care. I'll be perfectly open about it as well. I have declined to join meetings regularly and will keep doing so if there's nothing in it for me. That could be seen as anti-social or downright hostile. But I'm not coming in to sit around for an hour or two and not have any piece of it. It's waste of my time. Instead, I'd rather come up with results during that time. Or surf. Then again I have ethics, I don't play poker during working time.

Also, if I don't have anything to do, I'll leave. Then again this is OK, I don't have set hours. BUt don't expect me to sit aroudn for few hours and stare the walls. I have better things to do. I could go home and play poker. Or read that other book. Or drink coffee.

So as far as this work ethic goes, I'm not disciplined at all when it comes to "normal behavior". Then again I don't have to be, and then again I'm extremely loyal as far as the product goes, I will do it, I'll do it on time and I'll do it as well as possible. Just don't expect me to follow some weird logic of 8 to 5. I'll let everyone know if I'll be not coming for few days if there's better things to do or advance my spare time entertainment. Then again, they'll notice if I haven't left for 30 hours, since that's what I look like.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I consider myself a little bit disciplined, but much less so than when I was younger. I'm not sure why I became less disciplined (and less attention span) as I got older, but this seems to be the case.

I'm to the point now I don't want any responsibility as I procrstinate things too much.

I was fairly disciplined earlier this year when working out, but considering I'm not working out now, I can't really say that. But I think I can get back in it.

You could say I'm disciplined financially, but I find it easier not to spend money than to spend money. As spending money involves getting dressed and going shopping (yes I know you can use the internets these days to spend money, but that's just not my thing).

Comment

Dis, you crack me up.

We should have went out to grab a drink when I was in Vegas. I bet I would of had fun.

Do you have a job yet?

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

workin on it.

Comment

I think the real measure of discipline is in the bedroom. .

Should make this a poll. can you stave off ejaculation? That's the true measure of discipline. .

Comment

Respect others in need and your partner: 100% (no partner though)

Strong work ethic: 100 or 0% - depends on what I'm working on.

Putting money aside: 0% - I hate money. I have a bit, but it's only because I haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet.

Never procrastinate: i'll get back to you on that...

Pay bills on time: 100% - It helps I don't have many bills.

Keep a clean evironment/house: 100%

Comment

Bollucks. Inspiration is an excellent alternative to discipline, and it's more fun.

Comment

Nope.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X