What company would you like to own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldman Sachs.
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Enron - I like a challenge.

(Someone already took my real answer.)
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lori,

Hmhh not sure. Possibly Price Waterhouse Coopers. But not really... I mean a similar company that focuses on information security only. That's about it. Why would I want to own some other company? I'd rather model it 100% after myself. Of course I'd like the success of other companies
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Wynn Resorts

permanent vacation
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            British East India Company, so I could oppress and exploit the darkies and sell opium to Chinese peasants.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Cerberus Capital Management
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Any company big enough to give me a big, fat golden parachute.

Actually, for many years, I dreamt of owning my own recording studio. The business model has changed, however, and such operations are no longer economically viable.

I own two small corporations currently. Modest, but profitable.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Citigroup

Hands down. Berkshire, Goldman, and Cerberus are all excellent choices, but Citigroup pwns them all. No financial company has both the combination of financial horsepower and worlwide reach like Citigroup does.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                    Citigroup

Hands down. Berkshire, Goldman, and Cerberus are all excellent choices, but Citigroup pwns them all. No financial company has both the combination of financial horsepower and worlwide reach like Citigroup does.
                    I would argue that Goldie has many times the brains of Citi. Money is fungible, and easier to obtain than organisational culture of the sort Golden Sacks has.
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      Lori,

Hmhh not sure. Possibly Price Waterhouse Coopers. But not really... I mean a similar company that focuses on information security only.
                      PwC is a partnership, not a company. Being the sole partner may prove troublesome.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        I'd take the Dutch East India Company so that we could have cool sea battles for fun and profit.
                        My company kicked your company's butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                          Cerberus Capital Management
                          Blackrock or the above.

Comment

Setting aside the more obvious "the best one so I can sell it" route:

Sam Adams brewery. Yum.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                              Microsoft
                              QFT -- It's good to own the world's largest monopoly.

Comment

Firaxis, so I could have them make SMAC II already

Comment

Working...
                                X