Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of those furriners are actually your friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of those furriners are actually your friends?

I made the observation that my social circles seems to have English, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Zimbabwean etc in near equal measures. It's made the rugby World Cup a great thing to watch with friends. I don't seem to have many friends from non-anglo-saxon nations though (that is if they aren't Anglo-saxon themselves they are culturally assimilated).

A second observation is that none feel like foreigners in England. Yes it is another country, but its not that different in language or in culture that it makes you feel abroad or each other feel like foreigners.

I was just wondering how diverse other people's social circles were. Do you rub shoulders with foreign friends regularly? Or are you a racist who doesn't like the concept of, say, the French, living amongst you let alone being your friend?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

90% of my friends are furriners.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yes, I've had many foreign friends, none super close though. I've had roomates that were from other countries that were my friends. I had foreign friends in the Navy, and I had foreign friends in college.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        I've had roomates that were from other countries that were my friends.
        I had a Kiwi roomate in university. What a *****.

I only associate with Canadians now. They're hard enough to tolerate.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
          I only associate with Canadians now. They're hard enough to tolerate.
          Yea, I know. I had a Canadian roomate.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Foreigners - terrists. I only associate with fellow red-blooded, god fearing, commie killing, apple pie loving Americans.

Comment

I have a bunch of furrieners as friends:

1/2-Irish-(1/2 USAian)
              Philippinos
              lots of Mexicans
              Greeks &
              a Canadian

Comment

I went in to a UDF today to get some milk and some Busch Light

I realized that I am a midwesterner now, after only 2 years of living here

As I was leaving I found myself wondering if I had an accent... I talk like them now!!!

It freaks me out
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Move north eh.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

What are "friends"?

Comment

I think I had friends, once.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Are we talking about "real life" people or "internet" people?
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

No, you didn't. It was a dream.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww is my friend and is from Texas. So yes.

Comment

I'm friends with some Yorkshire lot and some Scousers, so I'm pretty tolerant.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X