Two more weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more weeks!

And I'll be finished with my studies. Technically it'll be few more weeks for the bureaucracy, 3 to 4 weeks and I should get my degree out. My current employer has been very good, they gave me two weeks to work for my thesis completely. It was my personal problem, I didn't ask for extra time, but they said I should have peace and concentrate on it. So... I'm just hanging around naked and writing my thesis. This is still a tight schedule, I'm about... 80 pages short as I've estimated, but hey... I know the stuff I'm writing so it's mostly technical.

Anyway, so since I have two weeks extra for myself, I decided to go to my dad's and I'm doing the stuff here. Cool stuff. He had bought me a vacuum cleaner too, which is awesome, because I couldn't afford one. I didn't tell him that but when he helped me move he said where's the vacuum cleaner and I said I don't have one so now I have one . He got this like high tech one too, no bags and nothing, it's a cool piece. Very techno.

So anyway what a mess it was to get an internet connection here! We had a DSL line here but I cancelled it since my dad doesn't use the internet. So I figured I'd open it again, and they said it'll take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks!! Damn! Not good enough.

So I noticed hey, there's an access point right across the street, only 200 meters away. I can get a wireless connection here... but NOOOO, I have my laptop here so I can't pick it up, so I went to buy any kind of device that lets me get a better range. "We get more of them in a week", "come back Tuesday" etc. Not good enough. I need the internet now since I'm doing the thesis 24/7. I need it NOW.

So no luck with the DSL or WLAN. I got desperate. How could this be? What a backwards place, I can't get a connection NOW. I figured it will be a lost cause but I called my cell provider, how much their data transfer costs since I figured it'll be too expensive anyway. 10 euros a month for unlimited transfer? Sounded great and works like a charm

Took me a whole day to find a connection but at least I got one and at least it was cheap and works great. I'm happy with the solution. 10 euros is not a lot, since it's for the whole month so I don't have to open any kind of accounts with anyone, buy any devices, just pay 10 euros extra for my next phone bill.

What else? Oh yeah, I rule.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Oh and what a joke... I went to the big internet provider asking if they have any WLAN devices for my laptop to boost the range... they looked weird so I said "wireless connection... internet...". They didn't know what it was. "Don't you mean DSL?", "No, I mean wireless connection. It's literally wireless."

What a weird situation, I know now that I'll never buy anything from them again, just based on that. I figured OK, the other clerk was a middle aged woman, probably just selling the stuff and not really knowledgable, but the other one was a young guy, I assumed he would know what I'm talking about. "So you want to set up.. ermm... a wireless network between two computers?", "No. There's an access point right next to my house but I'm still out of range since I have this built in crap in my laptop, I need something to boost the range... just for a normal connection, I don't need to set up anything else. I'm looking for the cheapest possible solution." He didn't understand what I was talking about. Frustrating. I'm glad they didn't have anything though, since this solution is far better because it's the cheapest one, definitely most convinient and started working immidiately after one phone call. I mean sure it worked before the call but it would have costed a long penny.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I wish you had left out the naked part.
      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

He's a Finn.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, besides aren't those guys always sitting in saunas with beautiful platinum blonde women?

Comment

It's not really true, I'm at my dad's so I'm wearing boxers most of the times. But I also have all the benefits of a proper house, like sauna.. I can heat it up at all times !!!

Naturally I'm raiding the fridge 24/7 as well. The bed far better than I have so... I can focus on writing. Plus I'll catch up with some of my old friends when I have some free time. Cool stuff. It's like an extra Christmas vacation, except that I'm working on my studies the whole time.
            In da butt.

Comment

No sauna?! You disappoint me. Well are any of your "old friends" beautiful, sexually liberated buxom blondes?

Comment

What? Yes sauna! Yes sauna every single time.

Sure I have pretty friends here but that's not how it works. I can invite my male friends just to go to sauna, but for females, there should be a gathering and sauna is just part of the evening. Then it's cool to sit in the sweaty skin store with girls but it would be weird to call few girls and ask them if they want to come to sauna with me. It's not sexual you know... so no. But if I had a party in here, sure. But you should realize that I wouldn't have sex with my friends I've known for years. So it wouldn't happen anyway. You are a pervert.
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  What? Yes sauna! Yes sauna every single time.
                  Of course.

The Canadian equivalent is the beer fridge.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's funny how furriners are always like sauna this and that, it's weird. But the truth of the matter is, you guys are missing out. You guys are missing out a cornerstone of life. It's necessary. You are just missing out so much what might only be explained because of some kind of penis fear or fear of nudity.
                    In da butt.

Comment

My parents had a house with a sauna when I was younger. It was alright but I preferred the hot tub.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think saunas will ever take off in Texas unless there was a dramatic climate change.

Comment

You guys need to build meat coolers into your homes.

Comment

We have outdoor pools.

Comment

You guys are off base here, the climate doesn't matter. The heat is not the issue, it's not what saunas are about.

That's why we build saunas in Thailand and everywhere we go. It's not about the outdoor climate or heat. Misconceptions.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X