No announcement yet.

Woman Killed By Handcuffs at Phoenix Sky Harbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful Kid. He is most likely armed and he just may be dangerous.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Then you must have seen one where they physically detach their arms
      Well gee, you know what I saw better than me

there is no way to do that withough having your arm stretched tightly across the back of your neck with your head folded forward and pressed into your chest. You have to stick your head under your armpit and basically pull yourself through the loop.
      You ever try to strangle someone by grabbing the back of their neck? The spine is in the way... And thats not what I saw although the guy's head did lean forward some to make room for the shoulders. But at no point did either arm or hand come into contact, much less constrict, the air passages.

Anyway, we're just pissing in the wind about a theory that is highly unlikely. The cops didn't walk in and see her all twisted and contorted from trying to pop her shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Well gee, you know what I saw better than me

You ever try to strangle someone by grabbing the back of their neck? The spine is in the way... And thats not what I saw although the guy's head did lean forward some to make room for the shoulders. But at no point did either arm or hand come into contact, much less constrict, the air passages.

Anyway, we're just pissing in the wind about a theory that is highly unlikely. The cops didn't walk in and see her all twisted and contorted from trying to pop her shoulders.
        you've had experiences trying to strangle people?

Comment

The autopsy was this morning so we should have more info on drugs, alcohol and other trauma soon.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

not to the point of death, but when you're wrestling choke holds are commonplace

Comment

Did her husband speak out against the war in Iraq in anyway?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The airlines are at fault if the plane was on time. No one could have expected that.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They're included in the lawsuit.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Oerdin's back!

Welcome home.
                    Thx.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The strangled by the HANDCUFFS conundrum is a false trail created by a typical stupid press erroneous quote.

"Police said she was later found unconscious and not breathing with the chain from the shackle pulled against the front of her neck."

As for why she was restrained, she was violent and had assualted two other passengers during her ruckus

"CBS 2 HD spoke to one woman who was there, but did not want to be identified.

"She got her cell phone, broke it on a couple of customers and she threw it on the floor, hit them," the woman said."
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'm thinking now she either did suicided intentionally, or accidently. It would appear that the shackle binding her to the bench did it, as I can't see how handcuffs should do it.

But it seems common sense to me to monitor someone handcuffed or restrained in such a way either through a camera, or direct observation. If the room was able to be locked, they could have released her cuffs. Though I can see why they did not as she was violent, and they would have had to re-cuff her to get her to the police station.

Comment

Working...
                        X