ACS Public Service Announcement for North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS Public Service Announcement for North America

Locate known speed traps in your area, or on your route.
    Asher, you paying attention?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I've a radar detector hidden in my dash. Yes, I know they're not legal in Ontario.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

BUT, being the hell-raiser and scoff law that you are...
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

They're legal in Alberta. As they should be!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Every citizen should obey the posted speed limits. Shame on you.

Comment

Doing so constitutes a dangerous obstruction of traffic. I'm regularly passed by cop cars driving without lights/sirens, and I go 30 above the limit.

Comment

In fact, you can get ticketed for going the speed limit here.

Gord Thompson may be the only man in Ontario ever charged under the Highway Traffic Act for obeying the letter of the law. The teacher from Campbellford and another motorist caused a four-kilometre traffic jam on Highway 401 seven years ago by driving side by side at the posted 100 km/h speed limit. They were charged with obstructing traffic and had their licences temporarily suspended.

Weeks earlier, Thompson had been ticketed for going 117 km/h on the same road and staged his slow-motion protest after a judge told him he was breaking the law by going even a kilometre over the posted limit.

“It still kind of gets my blood going,” Thompson said this week. “The number on the [speed limit] sign isn’t the number you’re expected to drive at and no one will tell you what the tolerance actually is.” Thompson’s situation may be the most ludicrous application of Ontario’s speeding laws but it puts into focus what motorists prove with their right feet – that 100 km/h is often too slow for the province’s 400-series highways. A recent study by University of Toronto researcher Baher Abdulhai found every single driver exceeding the speed limit on some stretches of highway that he and graduate student Jaime Abraham studied. His study recommended that the speed limit be raised to a more realistic 130 km/h.

Comment

I hate people like him. Left lane is for passing.
                If the posted speed limit is "X", you're going "X", but there's a line of cars stacked behind you, MOVE OVER to the slow lane. You are now slow traffic, for right or wrong, it's fact.
                Move your ass over.

I had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Doing so constitutes a dangerous obstruction of traffic. I'm regularly passed by cop cars driving without lights/sirens, and I go 30 above the limit.
                  So what? Police speed all the time. They get away with it, not much you can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    There is nothing wrong with doing the speed limit in the right-hand lane.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      I hate people like him. Left lane is for passing.
                      If the posted speed limit is "X", you're going "X", but there's a line of cars stacked behind you, MOVE OVER to the slow lane. You are now slow traffic, for right or wrong, it's fact.
                      Move your ass over.

I had to get that off my chest. Thanks.
                      I fully agree with you, but what this man did was brilliant. He got ticketed for going 117 km/h on the road for speeding (which is largely pretty slow on the 401). So then he drives the speed limit and gets a ticket for that.

If you drive the speed limit, you are an obstacle and get tickets.
                      If you drive faster than the speed limit, you are speeding and get tickets.

It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                        Do you know how many 18-wheelers there are on the roads around here (think Michigan auto plants and JIT manufacturers).

They pass people. The people going 100 km/h in the far right lane are perhaps the most dangerous, because they cause massive trucks to change lanes and pass.

Comment

Well too bad. There's a reason they build passing lanes, ya know. So that people who wish to drive at a reasonable speed can do so without having impatient drivers tailgating for miles.

Comment

round here people don't realize they are "passing" lanes... I think they call them "ride in this lane because I'm an idiot" lanes
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

Ummmm, he's right Asher. He didn't say LEFT lane.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X