No announcement yet.

Pyschology Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it causes dsyfunction in women, no reason it can't happen to men. But I'd say the younger the victim, the more it will effect them. This is true with women as well. There have been studies that show a older woman (say 70 years old) is generally less tramautized by a rape than a younger woman of child bearing age.

that's getting a bit off topic into the causes of rape. there are a couple theorys on evolutionary reasons, but of course that doesn't explain male on male, female on female rape etc. but I digress.

Comment

Yes, but there is different types. I am familiar with these after going to college for - psychology.

Each dysfunction has a reason.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

I am actually trying to be on topic and help here. What is the trauma and what problem is it causing?

Well, any rape is traumatic. I just wanted to know if someone knowledgeable in psychology would know information on the nature of sexual dysfunction related to being a victim of rape. In this case, the victim would be the main heterosexual male protoganist/hero in my potential novel.

So, in answer to your question, the trauma from the rape, is with any rape; forced, and painful entry of the c*ck into the victim against the victim's wishes. And of course, direct and immediate threat of violence during the rape would also add to the trauma.

And, since the victim is a male in this case, could psychological trauma from being raped cause actual erectile dysfunction? Or would the dysfunction purely be psychological in having serious problems with physical and emotional intimacy with a partner?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Also integral to the trauma would be the power imbalance, the victim having no control (or feeling that way). Some women will have no desire for sex or any sort of physical contact, even casual contact, so I would think that erectile dysfunction would be possible.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I suppose it could cause ED. hard to imagine in myself as I can get hard really easy . But for some people it is difficult.

I think in a younger person ED would be less likely, but they would be more likely not to enjoy sex, or get any kind of emotional attachment to their partner. If you have a determined partner, it's kind of hard to resist getting hard. It's how female on male rape can actually exist.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
              Also integral to the trauma would be the power imbalance, the victim having no control (or feeling that way). Some women will have no desire for sex or any sort of physical contact, even casual contact, so I would think that erectile dysfunction would be possible.
              One the other hand, many victims of sexual abuse go on to become sexual abusers themselves. Others become sexoholics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

One the other hand, many victims of sexual abuse go on to become sexual abusers themselves. Others become sexoholics.

oh?

Comment

Yep, in fact, I think that most sexual abusers were abused themselves.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

True.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You wouldn't get permanent ED, or even ED that would happen all the time. The body would still go through cycles normally.
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        You wouldn't get permanent ED, or even ED that would happen all the time. The body would still go through cycles normally.

When I brought up erectile dysfunction as one of possible symptoms, I did not have permanence in mind, either.

Comment

Just saying, people who are uninterested in sex still get aroused in sleep.

Comment

Working...
                          X