Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shrapnel12

If you missed my point, hopefully this will be clearer:

We all do things to make people hate us, but that doesn't make us morally culpable. Technically the Jews caused all their misery just by being alive.
    The word culpable exists in english ?
    I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrapnel12
      If you missed my point, hopefully this will be clearer:

We all do things to make people hate us, but that doesn't make us morally culpable.
      Walking down the street in a short skirt makes people hate you?
      Technically the Jews caused all their misery just by being alive.
      I just can't believe you can say that with a straight face.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnabas
        The word culpable exists in english ?
        Me fail English? That's unpossible!
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• The word culpable exists in english ?
          The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!
          EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

• Barnabas is not a native speaker, Shrapnel.

Comment

• So I'm helping him out.
              EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                not in politics, where they are dwelled upon to extract further gain.
                Ah, no. What further gains did holocaust victimc extract from german acceptance of guilt?

actually - yes it does.

You clearly have no idea what legitimacy means, do you?

Actually, when you match and mix you reach a better understanding of complex realities, and a system applicable in more varied cases.

And whose to say what world view is essentially flawed Your subjectivity knows no boundries, and yet you fail to recognize it completely.

Actually, knowing as I do that the world is subjective allows me to understand when hypocrasy works and when it doesn't. You don't.

It is a sign of maturity.
                It is common for 20 y/o romantics to view the world in simple terms.

not only I am older than you, but far better aquainted with the theories of governance and politics.

that's kinda funny coming from a guy who insists that anything that doesn't fit his personal values is inherently wrong.

No, i said the values you espouse are wrong. Much simpler statement. I can also support that intellectually if you cared to listen, but you already said you don't.

Yes, that is totally comparable. Obviously the riots in 1920 and 1929 were due to a million Jews suddenly arriving in Palestine.

I recommend you read up on what happened to chinese migrants in the Western US. It might educate you to the reality of what happens when brand new people's alien to a place move in, even in small amounts.

Btw, your example has already occured in Israel once, where between 1989-1992 1 million russian Jews arrived in Israel.They opened their own schools, stores (and even pig farms, to the horror of orthodox jews). They totally and forever changed the cultural, ethnical and religious balance of Israel. And yes it drew a bad reaction from several close-minded primitive xenophobic elements.

And yet those 1 million immigrants were welcomed into the country officialy and were technically part of the jewish people. Imagine if it had been 1 million Russians (not Jews).

Which would be more in line with what Muslim Arabs would feel about Jewish Europeans moving into their lands. add to that that those immigrants had the espressed goal of forming their own state on the land on top of that.

I'm not surprised at the reaction. I just don't find it legitimate or justifiable.

Wait, this from the person who said common=legitimate????

Well, at least we can see the hypocrasy, Oh, no "complexity" at work.

Yes, a bunch of white folks settling in a predominantly black neighborhood is bound to raise eyebrows. But any violent move against that is illegal and immoral.

Wait, now who is making statements of principle removed and seperate from "the complexities of reality"?

You're welcome to demonstrate instances of avidly Palestinian towns suddenly becoming populated with lots Jews, or Palestinian settlements razed in favor of Jewish ones, in the time frame of 1880- 1920.

Until you do that, I'll continue to claim that during the early stages of Alyah, Jews settled mostly in previously unpopulated areas, with little or no reason for conflict with local Palestinian population.

Unpopulated areas like Haifa? Or a spot a few miles from Jaffa, a major City? you know, the spot that would become tel Aviv? Oh, and of course, Jerusalem. I certainly doubt any Zionnists moved there.

People in glass houses etc.

I am not the one saying my mind can;t be changed. you have simply not put together any actual arguments (as opposed to opinions) to convince me of anything you have said.

And it seems foolish for you to deny that when talking about the Israeli Palestinian conflict, since this is the entire reason for the conflict, and if you say that nation-states are illegitimate, it makes the entire discussion of who's right / how to solve it, completely vain.
                Yes, nationalism is a major reason for the conflict. Ergo, both sides moving from nationalism to a great or central emphasis on individual rights would ...drumroll...lessen the conflict.

I am not denying nationalism, i am pointing to all the wrong it has led to. Do you forget that it was nationalism run amok that lead to the greatest act of victimzation of the Diaspora?
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X