especially if they are hardwired
      Why not?

Comment

it can backfire
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          it can backfire
          How can making a woman attracted to you backfire?

Comment

Longing for the beauty in a woman to validate yourself as a man will only end in your emascualtion.

If you hadn't need for validation than you wouldn't of had a problem speaking with those women, for you would of had all you needed.

Women backfire on many a man by setting them up to fail, mainly due to the fact that what she looks for in a man isn't the same thing that he looks for in a woman. The man will find out how to play to her, and how to woo her, etc. However, because he does so seeking her approval, and for that reason only, he will not be able to persue the mystery beyond her first unveiling.

I am not speaking in riddles. How many friends or people have you known who pursue a woman, obtain her, and then either lose interest or are broken by her. They were allured to her by the mystery of her beauty and when they uncovered it were either too naive to realize that the superficial beauty is not the end to the mystery, or too smitten that they continue to strive to prove that they were still a man.

Both of these instances happen a lot in my society.

Only when a man realizes that it is not her beauty they are chasing, but the beauty of God that he sends through her, as her message to man, that a man not become bored.

Only when a man realizes that the love and validation he seeks is already given by God through his successes and grace does he not bow to her seductiveness and drowned in her gift of security.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Only when a man realizes that it is not her beauty they are chasing, but the beauty of God that he sends through her, as her message to man, that a man not become bored.

No offense meant Japher, you are one of the best posters here , but I think working with chemicals is, how shall we say, not healthy in the long run and you should perhaps think about considering evaluating contemplating a change of career

Comment

evaluating contemplating a change of career
                I am... and fine, take the God part out if you want. The post still makes sense.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

It's a good post. (Japher's)

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't. I meant a joke

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                      i had no idea that some people put this much effort into talking to people.
                      QFT.

I talk too much.

(That one's for you Wiggy )
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I suck at talking to people (in general). I don't put much effort into it though, so at least I get a decent return on my investment.

Comment

Public speaking is a part of my job so I better be good at talking to strangers.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Critique my game, or, how to pick up girls

Tempting...but no.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Aneeshm, have you been watching too much of "The Pickup Artist"?

While I think that all the tactics you used work when done correctly, I also think that it is possible to be a little too concerned with your performance which can lead to an air of being phony. Girls are clever and if they are in robotics they clearly have brains. It is not very difficult for a girl with brains to see through a man's attempt to pick her up. Those girls were probably disappointed because they knew what you were after and you didn't even attempt to continue your pursuit. Even a weak attempt may have been better than totally losing courage.

However, I do admit that it takes a lot of courage to walk up to a '5 set'. We as women can be very intimidating when all together. It was a good attempt!
                              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                                Girls are clever and if they are in robotics they clearly have brains. It is not very difficult for a girl with brains to see through a man's attempt to pick her up.
                                Dumb girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X