• Show
Clear All

of course TDS commented on this...

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      Only an idiot would misunderstand the quote.
      But then it took one to make it.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Soooo witty you are
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Is molly bloom posting from 2000? It might have been clever then.

Comment

Well a charismatic leader is certainly something Iraq could do with.

India managed the huge advance required at independance so as to be able to develop towards nation statehood.

Which I think must be put down to their having Ghandi.

And the only country, Botswana, which made work the (democratic) constitution which the UK gave to it at independance had Seretse Khama.

Sadly such folk don't come along to order.

I very much doubt that there was some pool of charismatic leaders waiting conveniently in Iraq.

Anyway, at least Mr Bush is starting to acknowledge that there were problems about re-establishing peace in Iraq consequent upon his decision to topple the Hussein regime.

He is not the quickest thinker in the world but maybe he can get there in the end if things are demonstrated to him clearly enough and over a long enough period.

Comment

So really Bush is saying that apartheid South Africa was better than Saddam's Iraq because South Africa let Nelson Mandela live while Saddam Hussein exterminated all of his opposition?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                So really Bush is saying that apartheid South Africa was better than Saddam's Iraq because South Africa let Nelson Mandela live while Saddam Hussein exterminated all of his opposition?
                Well, you could also claim that the SA regime was more stupid than the Iraqui since it allowed opponents to live.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  Saddam didnt read the entire "Dictatorship Survival Guide" though
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X