No announcement yet.

Let the bad times roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you really need to let it collapse, so people who can legitimately buy houses, like myself and Imran, can get a good home.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If you can find a lender.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It is still just as easy as ever to get a home loan if you can put 20-25% down.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

When we get back from the Phils it's time to save for just that. Also within a couple of years I think 25% of the price might be half what 25% is now.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            It is still just as easy as ever to get a home loan if you can put 20-25% down.
            Yes, but we are not through the crisis yet.

A shortage of lenders/credit is one of the fallout fears.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If the seller wants out bad enough they'll carry the paper. Also the banks are going to be sitting on alot of forclosed homes and more likely to fork it up to someone with 25%.

Comment

25% is a very good down-payment.

Comment

If you have that it tells the bank something about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Yes, but we are not through the crisis yet.

A shortage of lenders/credit is one of the fallout fears.
                    But people won't sit on money and investments in loans of people with very little chance of defaulting is not risky and still brings in interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I was refering to a direct bailout.

By costs, do yo mean imports?
                      I mean, I live in Canada, and my bank account where my earnings from last summer are is in the US. I mean... everything. Now, I could have transfered all the money to Canada, but for some foolish reason I was hoping for an exchange rate better than $1.05. When I took the job it was $1.18.

On the bright side, the bulk of my investments are in Alberta oil. Unfortunately, while living in Canada... all that means is I'm not losing money because of weaker USD, I'm certainly not making more :|

But people won't sit on money and investments in loans of people with very little chance of defaulting is not risky and still brings in interest.
                      Yeah, but interest rates will go up. Rather... the spread between the Fed. rate or whatever they use as a base and the rate you pay will go up.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Money for Nothing and Checks for Free: A report from the IMF

Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

I mean, I live in Canada, and my bank account where my earnings from last summer are is in the US. I mean... everything. Now, I could have transfered all the money to Canada, but for some foolish reason I was hoping for an exchange rate better than $1.05. When I took the job it was $1.18.

On the bright side, the bulk of my investments are in Alberta oil. Unfortunately, while living in Canada... all that means is I'm not losing money because of weaker USD, I'm certainly not making more :|
                          I don't think either lower short term rates or direct bailout will affect the exchange rate.

It the Fed is judging the situation correctly then it is just adding needed liquidity to the economy, which won't affect the value of the USD. If it isn't, then yes it will hurt you, and others.

A direct bailout won't hurt anyone either, because those houses weren't going to sell anyway.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X