X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian

We?

-Arrian
    I use the term loosely to refer to any of the countries I'm a citizen of, the western world, humanity, smaller groups, whatever...
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

It's Israel who tries to wipe out Palestinians. Syria doesn't want to wipe out Israel, just to get Golan back and help Palestinians and Lebanese. And there's no Israeli civ
      Do you actually believe that?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
        It's Israel who tries to wipe out Palestinians. Syria doesn't want to wipe out Israel, just to get Golan back and help Palestinians and Lebanese. And there's no Israeli civ
        If Israel wanted to wipe out the Palestinians they'd already be dead.

Comment

But Israel would lose USA funding and sympathy of the world. So instead they are stealing their land part by part, having already reduced it to a quater of original size. They hope to do what they've done with palestinian christians - push them into emigration
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            Which watchdog? The EU?
            Not too fast on the uptake aren't we...
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

They hope to do what they've done with palestinian christians - push them into emigration

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

Not too fast on the uptake aren't we...
                To answer in spirit of the question: We aren't not?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  They hope to do what they've done with palestinian christians - push them into emigration

You're an evil, evil man
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

I use the term loosely to refer to any of the countries I'm a citizen of, the western world, humanity, smaller groups, whatever...
                    Well, if "we" is "The West" then I would argue that "we" are not "tied down in Iraq."

The United States is. The UK is (though didn't they just withdraw a bunch of their guys?). Australia, maybe. That's about it.

Wanna "do something" about Syria? Go right ahead. What do you need the big, bad US for? We'll just muck it up anyway, right? Surely Canada, along with France, Germany and, say, Spain, can handle this?

It'll be easy. You'll be home for Christmas...

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Do you actually believe that?
                      congratulations. A discussion of events in Lebanon has been threadjacked into a discussion of Israel-Pal, and not even to current events, but to history. And with the help of you and Kuci.

We can all be thankful for this demonstration of how the RL Syrian propaganda machine actually works.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

congratulations. A discussion of events in Lebanon has been threadjacked into a discussion of Israel-Pal, and not even to current events, but to history. And with the help of you and Kuci.

We can all be thankful for this demonstration of how the RL Syrian propaganda machine actually works.
                          On the contrary, I defend Israel from pathetic hate posts. I can not stand silently by and see such lies being spit out. The whole thing had died out btw, congratulations on reviving it. And you forgot to blame Az btw.

Comment

Surely Canada, along with France, Germany and, say, Spain, can handle this?

-Arrian
                            Can't speak for the others, but we're tapped out with Afghanistan.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bravo.

Wezil, Canada only has about 2,500 troops deployed with ISAF, according to wikipedia. Surely you all can spare a few more to defend democracy in Lebanon, right? Send the Quebecois; French will get you quite far over there.

I'm not saying America is always right. Nobody seriously thinks that. But we do try.

Well, if "we" is "The West" then I would argue that "we" are not "tied down in Iraq."

The United States is. The UK is (though didn't they just withdraw a bunch of their guys?). Australia, maybe. That's about it.

Wanna "do something" about Syria? Go right ahead. What do you need the big, bad US for? We'll just muck it up anyway, right? Surely Canada, along with France, Germany and, say, Spain, can handle this?

It'll be easy. You'll be home for Christmas...

-Arrian
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
                                Bravo.

Wezil, Canada only has about 2,500 troops deployed with ISAF, according to wikipedia.
                                Yes, when you consider rotations and other duties (someone has to be assigned to look after the tank), we're tapped. The only military we have left are pencil pushers. The spear point has been deployed.

Surely you all can spare a few more to defend democracy in Lebanon, right? Send the Quebecois; French will get you quite far over there.

Like I say, can't do it. The VanDoos (French Reg) are currently in Afghanistan on their rotation.

I'm not saying America is always right. Nobody seriously thinks that. But we do try.
                                Until this president your hearts at least were in the right place.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X