Lebanese aggressor foiled by bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanese aggressor foiled by bomb

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

At least copy-paste teh article in teh OP
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Anti-Syrian MP, 5 others killed in Beirut car bomb

By Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondent and News Agencies

A Lebanese anti-Syrian parliamentarian and at least five other people were killed Wednesday when a car bomb exploded in a Christian suburb of the capital Beirut. Another 20 people were wounded.

Christian MP Antoine Ghanem, 64, was killed in the attack. Security sources said earlier that the explosion had targeted a politician.

The explosion occurred in the Sin el-Fil district, but the cause was not immediately known. Television footage showed severe damage in nearby buildings and several cars on fire. The blast sent a cloud of gray smoke over the area.

The area houses the home of former Lebanese President Amin Gemayeh, whose son, Industry Minister Pierre Gemayel, was shot dead in November. Antoine Ghanem is a member of parliament belonging to the Christian Phalange party, the same party to which the assassinated Gemayel belonged.

The explosion took place before Lebanon's parliament is supposed to convene to elect a new president next week. Lebanon has been going through its worst political crisis since the 1975-1990 civil war.

Beirut has been hit by a series of bomb attacks in the past two and a half years, many of them aimed at anti-Syrian politicians. Ghanem is the eighth prominent anti-Syrian figure assassinated since 2005, including three lawmakers from the majority, reducing the ruling party's margin in Parliament.

In June this year, anti-Syrian lawmaker Walid Eido and nine other people died in a car bomb attack.

In February 2005, former prime minister Rafik al-Hariri was killed along with 22 other people in a massive car bomb attack.

Hariri's family says Syria was behind the killing of the former prime minister and later attacks, but Damascus denies this.

Tension has been high in Beirut, where the U.S.-backed government of Prime Minister Fuad Siniora is locked in a feud with the opposition led by Shi'ite Hezbollah, backed by Iran and Syria.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

"Ok, you got us. Dang, we thought we'd pull one over."
        Of course they deny. It just proves they did it.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I wonder why it is always the anti-Syrian politicians who get blown up?

Comment

Well, quite a few civilians were blown up too not too long ago...
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
              Well, quite a few civilians were blown up too not too long ago...
              Anti-syrian civilians.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

No, "just" civilians... to put it in the words of our friendly neighbourhood watch dog.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Which watchdog? The EU?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    Because Israel wants to turn world against Syria
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

If someone was trying to wipe my civilization out, I'd want to turn the world against them too.
                      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Yeah, it'd be nice if we could do something about Syria... oh, wait... still busy in Iraq :|
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          Odd, isn't it?

Syria

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                            Yeah, it'd be nice if we could do something about Syria... oh, wait... still busy in Iraq :|
                            We?

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
                              If someone was trying to wipe my civilization out, I'd want to turn the world against them too.
                              It's Israel who tries to wipe out Palestinians. Syria doesn't want to wipe out Israel, just to get Golan back and help Palestinians and Lebanese. And there's no Israeli civ
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X