22 year old guy wanting to have sex with 16 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious
    Yes, we do. She's 16 and he's 22. She's probably a sophmore in high school, and he should be a senior in college.

What kind of situation are you hoping for?
    I'm hoping for a situation where intelligent, consenting adults make informed decisions. I know, I'm an optimist.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And the question becomes what kind of consent are we talking here? I'd imagine a 22 year old guy is taking advantage of a 16 year old girl's state of mind. Regardless of what Ozzy said, 16 year olds are not as mature as 22 year olds.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Reading the title and first couple sentences of the blog, whatever that guy does, or wants to do, is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          And the question becomes what kind of consent are we talking here? I'd imagine a 22 year old guy is taking advantage of a 16 year old girl's state of mind. Regardless of what Ozzy said, 16 year olds are not as mature as 22 year olds.
          Probably. But we don't know the female. Knowing her age is not enough to know her. We cannot give a real opinion on this, because we simply don't know enough about the situation.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            I'm hoping for a situation where intelligent, consenting adults make informed decisions. I know, I'm an optimist.
            Na'a. You want a 16 yr old girl to be horny for you.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Welcome to a Doubly Loved member of teh community!

In Poland, the age of consent is 15, though I don't know if it's start of that age, or end. So legally it's OK. Now I wouldn't sleep with someone of that age probably. But I recall one 16 or 17 boy that was much taller than me, much better built and stuff. I was 23 at this time. He was a bit childish in his convictions, but so were his much older friends. I thought of him as very cute and I have no bad feelings about it. I'd never give him 17 years by his looks, but at least 19.
              So I think my opinion would vary depending on how they look, if he was looking for a girl of this, barely legal, age just because she was so young or not etc. In general, I wouldn't forbid it by law. But if it was my daughter, I don't think I'd encourage her to have sex at this age, and with a guy more than +3 years older than her. I'd have ordered her not to do it, but I wouldn't kill the guy if he's done it. That's about it.
              Oh, and there¹s a difference between wanting to do something and having intent of doing it.
              Anyway, I think You have the right for your feelings whatever they are.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                Oh, and there¹s a difference between wanting to do something and having intent of doing it.
                Anyway, I think You have the right for your feelings whatever they are.

Comment

Even though I'm against this releationship, at what point does age begin to matter less?
                  This has provoked thought, on my part.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OP: think positive, maybe your daughter will be lesbian! Or never have sex, or be loved, or be desired... I have a 2 yo daughter and while I would want her to never have sex I know it will one day happen, and I can only hope that she and her partner are responsible enough to consider the feelings of the other party involved.

Additionally, responsibility doesn't define an age to it... Unless you're Ozzy, then that age is 18, and there's nothing you can say that will change it!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Even though I'm against this releationship, at what point does age begin to matter less?
                      age/2 + 7

Comment

I'd say once a person has fully developed their cognitive functions, age ceases to matter at all. At that point a person should have the freedom to build relationships with whoever they deem worthy. (Assuming they are also at that point.)

IIRC that's usually late teens, early 20's.

Comment

Anyway, the AoC in India is 16 for females, and nothing for males.

So basically, any girl above 16 is legal for any and all men.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                            Na'a. You want a 16 yr old girl to be horny for you.
                            srsly. 16 is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              There's a huge difference between 16 and 19. Before I became a teacher I worried about some situation that I might be tempted, but when I started teaching I realized that I had no desire because they were all too childish. When I went back to college though, I noticed that the women there were just a few years older but plenty mature enough for me.

Comment

22 and 16 is creepy on the 22-year-old's part, but not "it should be illegal" creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X