Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the 10 Best Movie Comedies of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dis
    I think I'm weird for not liking Jim Carrey movies (except dumb and dumber).
    No, you're normal like the rest of us.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• He only has one character.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
        He only has one character.
        Unfortunately it's Jim Carrey, gurning amd mugging endlessly.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I'll give my list of favorite comedies. Admittedly, my list has a decidedly 1990s-onward bias, and I tend to enjoy absurdist humor (hence Anchorman).

In no particular order:

Anchorman
            Old School
            Tommy Boy
            Best in Show
            Dumb & Dumber
            Billy Madison
            Office Space
            Kingpin
            Dodgeball
            Supertroopers
            Waiting
            Dirty Works
            There's Something about Mary
            Groundhog Day
            And yes, I'll admit it, The Brady Bunch Movies with Gary Cole and Shelly Long

I'm sure that I'm fogetting a few.

As for older comedies:
            Blazing Saddles
            Airplane
            Naked Gun
            The Jerk
            Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
            National Lampoon's Vacation and Christmas Vacation
            Last edited by Wycoff; September 28, 2007, 17:13.
            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Brady Bunch?

okay I admit to liking those movies as well.

didn't care for old school. It just wasn't funny for me. I love him on SNL, but he just doesn't work in movies. He was kind of good in his small part on Wedding Crashers, but he still didn't pull off the role that great.

And Billy Madison. the only Adam Sandler that is any good. Probably because of Norm Mcdonald and Chris Farley. Sandler was one of the weaker chars in the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                And Billy Madison. the only Adam Sandler that is any good. Probably because of Norm Mcdonald and Chris Farley. Sandler was one of the weaker chars in the film.
                You reminded me of another movie to add to my list: Dirty Works. It starred Norm MacDonald as the proprietor of a revenge-for-hire business. Farley had a small role in it as well. The movie was a complete box office flop- I think it was in the theaters for two weeks- but I think that it's funny, especially if you like Norm MacDonald.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  If dark comedy really counts, Harold and Maude.
                  Or The Loved One:

For you, Robert Morley, a benediction,
                  For you who died of a major constriction.

They told me, Robert Morley,
                  They told me you were hung,
                  With red protruding eyeballs
                  And black protruding tongue...

Comment

Working...
                  X