If Life Was Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva
    If you were swimming in money and could afford the hottest, cleanest prostitutes, would you just have sex with them whenever you wanted, or would you still want to go out to clubs/bars/wherever and work for your women?
    Either way I'd be paying for it, just the prostitues would be honest about it.

And why do you guys keep trying to bring love into it? It has nothing to do with love. Love is for family members and close friends. You don't "work" a woman for love. I think the biggest self delusion is that we marry for love. If that was true, gender wouldn't matter then. If it was love, there would be no straight or gay. I'm married to a woman because I like sex with women. They're too much trouble when it comes to anything else (relationship wise).
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Definitely. Even if you weren't looking for long-term love, I'd think one would prefer teh latter option as well.
      I take both
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I'm married to a woman because I like sex with women.
        Then why get married, your just denying yourself variety? Unless she was the only one you could find to actually sleep with you after discussing your marriage philosophy
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
          I'm married to a woman because I like sex with women.
          I'm sorry that you're finding this out so late, but guess what: you can have sex with women without marrying them
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think the biggest self delusion is that we marry for love. If that was true, gender wouldn't matter then. If it was love, there would be no straight or gay. I'm married to a woman because I like sex with women. They're too much trouble when it comes to anything else (relationship wise).
            Honestly, I have better, more fulfilling relationships with women than I do with men. It is (in my experience) so hard to get a man to open up and be honest. It is so hard to get a man to really explore feelings, thoughts, and motivations deeply. I've been able to do this with a few women but only one man.

I also like having sex with teh hot ladies.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ok, so I married her because she got pregnant, but that was because I like having sex with women.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

It is (in my experience) so hard to get a man to open up and be honest. It is so hard to get a man to really explore feelings, thoughts, and motivations deeply.
                Why would you want to do that?

I also like having sex with teh hot ladies.
                Nice save. Now the post is only 80% gay

Comment

Why would you want to do that?
                  Because you can only talk about games for so long.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Thats when you move on to guns, boobies, fart jokes, repeat.

Comment

Now that's a perfect world.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        If you wanted someone who actually loved you, as opposed to a prostitute, yeah.

-Arrian
                        Get a dog.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

No, I said consciousness, I meant consciousness. What makes me, me. My self awareness and my self. Going through puberty was not so great a change as to fundamentally change who I am. It was an alteration, but not a fundamental one.

Going to a place with infinite resources where I am filled with eternal bliss, is a fundamental change, so much so, I cease to be me.

The change from puberty is not so great as a change to a place where there is no challenge.

Others said “suffering”, I never said suffering did I? Our identities are formed in part by the circumstances of our environment. Scarcity is a major part of our world. Our bodies only have so much time to live, our surroundings only have so many resources which others want also etc. Change is a result of scarcity. A Christian afterlife of endless joy would necessarily not have change.

We don’t need to “suffer”, but we all live in a world of scarcity and this scarcity shaped our psyche, if you put us into a world without scarcity, our consciousness is fundamentally changed.

I don’t want endless joy. I want a world of scarcity like the one my mind was formed in. To put me elsewhere would be similar to killing my soul.

Scarcity or what some of you are calling suffering does not just exist in the third world. Yes, in some poor, polluted third world hellhole there is a lot more scarcity. Even in the richest part of America there is scarcity, resources and time are not endless and even Americas ultra rich have to work to maintain their status. A future utopia has the same issue, work is needed to maintain even the best states men can achieve.
                          Scarcity only makes us who we are as far as it changes our experience. Rich people are not fundamentally different from poor people any more than an adult is different from a child. In fact, a rich person is more like a poor person than an adult is like a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                            but what good is the attention of a woman (year after year) without love?
                            That depends. If you don't love each other do you hate each other. If so she will ignite your penis.

Comment

I just don't buy this idea that we have to suffer to enjoy life or that reality no matter how dismal is better then any fantasy. Whether it be the Twilight Zone, Vanilla Sky, or The Matrix, I'd choose those ideal "fake" lives over their realities any day.
                              I agree that suffering is in no way a necessity.

The things about the Matrix is that our "real" lives are a creartion of our minds anyway. save for smell, our brain filters all the information we get. What you see, hear, or taste is what your brain makes of it, not what actually "is". Given that, one can be immensely happy in poverty and miserable in wealth (and of course wealth and poverty are relative terms). Not to say that is a given, because poor people are less happy than rich people overall, but that our mind is what creates value, not the world, given that there is no objective meaning out there.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X