Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA universities - Help

Hello,

I’m a civilization addict and a Spanish university student and I have been thinking in taking next year a master course in engineering in a top USA university. I don’t have much information on where to take these studies so I’m asking for a little help.

So far I have found that the best ones are:
    Massachusetts IT
    Stanford University
    California IT
    University of California- Berkeley
    Georgia IT

Is that right? It is really very difficult to get admitted to these universities? Any others I should add to my list?

Also, another question. It would be much easier for me to get admitted to the Illinois IT. Is that university good enough? Is there a big difference between this and the top ones?

I hope many people here attend to engineering universities and are willing to help me. Thank you very much!

Add Carnegie Mellon University to that list.

(Disclaimer: I go there so I'm just a bit biased, but for computer science at least it's as good as Stanford and MIT.)

Comment

Thank you, I will have a look on that one.

Also I should specify that I will more likely do a Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering Master.

Comment

Add the University of Illinois-Champaign (NOT Illinois IT) to your list. Also Purdue University.

Also, if memory serves, there's a top-notch Aerospace Engineering program at University of Michigan.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Michigan lost to Oregon and App State...you don't want to go there.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Eldo, are you posting on College Confidential?

I think Cal Tech, Stanford, and MIT would be my top picks.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Rufus T. Firefly, do you have some experience with the Illinois IT? It is really that bad?

Japher. Yes, After posting here I decide to look to a more specific forum and I found that one. Did you see my thread?

Comment

Yeah, I saw it.

I post there in the MBA forum, and peek into the Engineering forum now and again since all of those kids are asking questions about real world engineering, yet they are all still in school.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Please god do not post on college confidential unless you wank it often or are insecure like a baby seal.

Comment

I'm both of those
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Why the USA Eldo - when you could have the joys of sunny Scotland instead?

Comment

It depends on what you'd like to study Look up a speciic topic in an acadmeic journal database (i.e. Google Scholar), see who writes the papers you're interested in, and find out where they're teaching. You're choice of advisors matters a ****load more than like a US News & World Report-style ranking.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Eldo
                          Rufus T. Firefly, do you have some experience with the Illinois IT? It is really that bad?
                          It's ok, but there arer many, many better schools in the US. It's also in a crappy part of the city, but the main point is that youo can do better.
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Friend of mine was into aerospace engineering and had good things to say about a school in Arizona... don't recall the name off the top of my head, I don't think it was ASU or UA though.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Friend of mine was into aerospace engineering and had good things to say about a school in Arizona... don't recall the name off the top of my head, I don't think it was ASU or UA though.
                              Perhaps it was Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott? I looked at it (as my main interest is in aerospace engineering)... though I ultimately only considered schools that could offer me a broader liberal-arts background instead of just the engineering side of things.

Comment

Working...
                              X