Opus Dei: harmless sect or evil cult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus Dei: harmless sect or evil cult?

I've had some contact with Opus Dei people recently. They seem to want to recruit me.

Here are some web sites

Independent and critical information about Opus Dei.

What do you think?
    Harmless catholic sect
    15.38%
    Evil Cult
    57.69%
    You should infiltrate, horse, and find out more
    19.23%
    But do they eat bananas or just worship them?
    7.69%
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

It's just bunch of perverts wanting to ass rape you in some ceremony. You're just a piece of ass to them. They're vultures, you're the prey.

That's why it was set up in the first place.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

But what if I, like, enjoy that sort of thing
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

What Pekka said

Comment

you nordics and your obsessions, lol

Comment

AH, well you're now informed. If you like it, by all means...
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

But, excuse the pun, I could find out more

Comment

Obviously they're aware of your past history, the mindless psychotic murders, etc, etc., etc., and they think they have a place in their organization for you. Just think, if you join you'll be able to do more than just ridicule libural heretics like John Spong, you'll actually be able to snuff them out.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Many former members regret ever joining Opus Dei. They say they would hand over entire paychecks without thought.
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

A bunch of cults.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Opus dei has a lot of caste homosexuals
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

There are plenty of ways to participate in the Church that don't require additional "rules". I would be wary Horse. There seems to be an extraordinary amount of "interpretation" in Opus Dei.

Comment

My sincere opinion : Opus day is not evil or heretical, but it is not for everybody.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

On the topic of Christian cults...

I'm currently serving in the Finnish Defence Forces and during my basic training period I shared my room with a guy who was a member of some Christian sect with origins in the US Midwest, some Identity Ministries blahblah. I've previously read a lot of stuff by similar people on the Internet but this was the first time I saw one of these guys live. My first impression of the guy was that he seemed to be pretty nice, polite and helpful, a person that anyone could get well along with. Then, gradually, he started exposing his religious and social views which included not only denial of evolution, but also extermination of the Jews (who, according to him, are the seeds of Satan), the Muslims who he thought were attempting to destroy our culture from the inside and the usual jazz, and gays, because he thought the Bible said that homosexuality was wrong. According to him, black people could be spared if they first would be "corrected". He had with him a lot of American-published books about biblical explanations of race differences and crap like that by nutjobs with "doctoral degrees" from some American joke universities. Every now and then he would start trying to convert the rest of the people in our room to his beliefs. I had, and still have, a hard time believing he was being serious even though I saw this with my own eyes. Considering that he otherwise seemed to be such a sympathetic person, his views seemed like a mental straitjacket that he willingly had accepted to wear. Religious idiocy like this should definitely be placed under a worldwide ban.

Comment

Is any one catholic sect more evil than another? Not really.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X