No announcement yet.

My fan belt came off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, me and a friend got the belt back on and tightened it, but it came off. Apparently one of the things that keeps the tension is broken.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
      Well, me and a friend got the belt back on and tightened it, but it came off. Apparently one of the things that keeps the tension is broken.
      You have now exceeding my knowledge of automobile repair.

Comment

Oddly enough, it was completely fine driving it around the parking lot until I pressed the gas.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Oh it is hardly a big thing. And the things don't last forever too...I know my mother's is on its last legs, unfortunately she lives up north so I can't easily change it.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Waiting for the tow truck

Comment

Well I guess you did the right thing in conceding defeat. If it was more than just the belt and neither of you know how to fix it, not many more options.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yeah, the belt is only two years old so I decided that just getting a new belt would only mean that a new belt would get ruined.

I got back from the dealership a bit ago. So far $38 for a diagnostic when they already suspected the pulleys or whatnot. Good news is that I am getting a recall fixed in order to not have my engine explode in a firey ball.

I'll probably end up with an oil change too.

Comment

Yeah, the belt is only two years old so I decided that just getting a new belt would only mean that a new belt would get ruined.

I got back from the dealership a bit ago. So far $38 for a diagnostic when they already suspected the pulleys or whatnot. Good news is that I am getting a recall fixed in order to not have my engine explode in a firey ball.

Except for recalls (which the factory pays for ), dealership service departments are teh evil.

I've been lucky enough to find an honest machanic.

Comment

$250ish in total. The problem is a tensioner, which I need a new one of. The part will come in tomorrow.

Comment

Fix Or Repair Daily eh?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Except for recalls (which the factory pays for ), dealership service departments are teh evil.

I've been lucky enough to find an honest machanic.
                        That's what I do...although I need a service soon. Also I need to get an intermittant battery light sorted out. Considering getting the lightbulb removed
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well, I am in a town I haven't been around before, and considering all the meth trafficing here, I am very hesitant to go to any local places (meaning non brand name).

Comment

Meth trafficking? What? Methylated spirits?
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                            X