No announcement yet.

Is there an explanation for my grudge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lori, yeah. I get the positive ones too, but negatives aren't that good because in this I feel insulted once again, and then upset about it and then angry.

It sucks the most with people who are your friends. It's not their fault. You're doing just fine, having a good time, and then suddenly you remember the time and it can be wayyy back, the moment when you felt insulted because of something your friend said. Yeah, the problem isn't so much that you remember it, because you've settled it and it wasn't most likely a big deal, most likely your friend didn't mean it or didn't know you'd take it as an insult. However, you did, so now you feel insulted again. you feel insulted by your good friend, even though you're having a good time and it was a long time ago. Try to explain that... you don't explain that. You just try to forget about it. Rationalize it and forget about it and keep having good time, which happens, but for a moment you felt insulted. It can be as strong of a feeling as it was originally or even stronger. Also, memory tends to work well in this regard, you remember the details and everything when the event took place. And no, you don't want to say anything, that would be psycho.

Or to even it out, you might feel like a bastard for saying some things to your friend in the past.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Man, I'm going to be angry at my brother for the rest of the day. I can't believe he sided with his boyfriend instead of me.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lori, Dude, that's the first I've heard, I mean gay brothers. Not of course for each other but just in general. WE MUST LOOK AT YOUR GENES, IT MIGHT BE PROVEN TO BE A SICKNESS!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Man, I'm going to be angry at my brother for the rest of the day. I can't believe he sided with his boyfriend instead of me.
          Now you got issues dude. You need professional help for sure.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Lori, Dude, that's the first I've heard, I mean gay brothers. Not of course for each other but just in general. WE MUST LOOK AT YOUR GENES, IT MIGHT BE PROVEN TO BE A SICKNESS!
            My brother's not really gay, although he would say otherwise. His girlfriend was transgendered and preferred male pronouns.

Wait, do you think I'm gay?
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I thought you were gay? Ok, I guess not.
              In da butt.

Comment

Not gay, but I experimented a few years back. Even had a thread about it. Maybe you're remembering that.

Comment

That United Nations flag icon can cause a bit of confusion at times.

Comment

Lori, that's probably it.

So we went from gay brothers to non-gay brothers. Meh, boring.
                    In da butt.

Comment

It was a pretty awesome* fight though.

The boyfriend thought I was "transphobic" because I was of the opinion that making use of male and female pronouns is ultimately damaging to the cause of getting equal rights for transgendered people. He got so angry that he made some extra long blog about it in which he badmouthed me and made lots of erroneous assumptions about my character and personality.

My brother, instead of sticking up for me and explaining to his boyfriend that he was wrong about me, brought the blog to my attention to show me how I was a horrible person who hurt other people. When I explained that the boyfriend's knowledge of me was based on extremely inaccurate information and assumptions, my brother decided we were done talking about the issue.

Then I decided I was done talking to my brother. I've held a grudge against him ever since (this was three or four years ago). Not because he thinks bad things about me - a lot of people think bad things about me and it doesn't bother me at all - but because he couldn't be bothered to take the time to listen to me. He immediately believed anything his boyfriend told him and wasn't willing to listen to other sides of the issue (or his brother) for fear of being insensitive or politically incorrect or whatever.

*awesome = lame and uninteresting

Comment

Don't call him Lori
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Comment

LordShiva, not only do I call him Lori, but did you know that lori is a short version of lorilori, that is described as the sound of pissing in my language? It could also be Liri, but Lori is just as good, they're interchangeable.

But I do not think about pissing when I say Lorizael's name as Lori so that's not it. But a little bit of new information so you'll learn something today. God bless me.

Besides, you should have once again provided some information to your brother's boyfriend and say that in Finland they make absolutely no distinction between the sexes in language like that, there's no he/she, so in fact you can't usually make up the sex of the writer or the sex of someone else, because it's not important. In fact I found it kind of weird at first and I still sometimes mix up he and she, I mean mix them up if I write fast because I don't pay attention. I'm just pointing to a person so I always have to switch to your english language sexist mode to do that. So it's not necessarily "the norm". Think about it. It's not the norm. It's an alternative, not what we have to deal with.

Anyway, that BF sounds like a POS slut.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                            X