Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista sales are lagging also because of the poor support for it as of now. So basically many consumers are going to get Vista, but they're just waiting for more support, drivers etc.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      Apple users are more likely to be online more than Windows users, so that stat caught up later.
      Where's this come from?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Knowledge of the consumer base. My grandparents have a Windows PC, but when they use the internet it's to send an email about how their current knitting project is going. These are not the type of people to buy Macs.

People who buy Apple tend to trend to younger people, people who are more active on the internet. The wider Windows market is full of people who have one of "them computers" to do "things and such" with.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That makes sense and is what I imagined you were thinking. I just thought you might have hard figures to back it up or something.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• There probably are various studies.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• In other news, Apple just sold its one millionth iPhone, 74 days after its introduction. That's an average about 13,500 phones sold every day, and of course the phone is only available in the US.

So much for the dopey losers who claimed it was tanking. It must be awful to be so consistently wrong about tech trends. I guess it's going to be a hit, just like Nintendo's awesome Wii console.

Apple Newsroom is the source for news about Apple. Read press releases, get updates, watch video and download images.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Do young foks really have a specific desire for one or the other? I have tow boys who own 4 to five video games including he x box 360 and the ps2 they dont really have any loyalty to either company. The like all the things all the game do same as thier pcs, we had MS and apple as ong as the darn thing worked and did what they wanted it to do, they were happy. The i phone on the other hand is way the hell out there, for the price of that phone, for me to buyit, i say it better act as an atm machine too
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Amusing. You ignored the pages of discussion which invalidated PR "sales" figures" since they are "sold to retail", and would be about the same in this case since they ordered production quantities some time ago.

Then you ignore the fact that 1 million sales in 74 days is 1% of the market. One percent. And this was during the iPhone-mania period, it's bound to drop.

Then you ignore the fact that Apple implemented a massive pricecut to spur faster adoption at an alarmingly early time period.

You are ignoring an awful lot. Your analysis is rather incomplete. Perhaps a bit biased.

Comment

• I was really hoping Vista would grab a huge percentage of the market imediately so that the price of XP would drop. Didn't happen, though.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My dad refuses to switch to Vista because the interface is too different, and XP is fine. The problem is that people are happy with what they have.
                      Also, MS has announced when SP1 for Vista will be released, which will cause some folks to postpone any upgrade plans.

Comment

• Vista is a joke, plain and simple.

Microsoft had 5 years, and all they could come up with is a pale imitation of Apple's OS. Microsoft is a useless monopoly the world would be better off without.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Do you even try anymore?

I miss the old Agathon.

Comment

You have already used that joke.
                            It's not a joke.

Comment

Do you even try anymore?

I miss the old Agathon.
                              I think he's just out of practice. You should pwn him more until he gets back into shape .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I think he's just out of practice. You should pwn him more until he gets back into shape .
                                He couldn't pwn his way out of a wet paper bag. The amusing part is that you plonkers fall for his crap, despite the facts turning out the other way time after time.

Good night, and good luck.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X