Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the OT Forum be unified as one with no subforums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly One OT except for History Sub)Forum is the only oiption
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

i guess it depends on what your definition of "useless" is.
      use·less /ˈyuslɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yoos-lis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
      –adjective 1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile: It is useless to reason with him.

Will this affect the decision of the admins? meh...probably not.

No. Poll does nothing here.

Will it give a general sense of direction to what the active membership want? yeah...probably.

No. Make that claim again after I finish skewing the results.

Not at all useless...unless you were going to base a thesis on it?
      No thesis, but an accurate number would be nice. This poll fails to do that.

Good poll Gramps!
      Ass kiss much?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Ass kiss much?
        Never one as smart as yours.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I never claimed to be smart, but I'm sure not stupid enough to think this poll means anything.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I never claimed to be smart, but I'm sure not stupid enough to think this poll means anything.
            Since I am the one who started it, what it meant to me was like any other thread here at Poly:

A place to vent and / or express ones opinion.

The admins dont have final say over wheter its a poll that is usefull or useless, they only dictate or allow its existanece on this site.

That is all.

If I said its the best poll ever and had 100 people vote yes it was, well then this poll shows it was at voting time, doesnt mean over time it amounts to a hill of beans.

Wezil, please check out more of Miriam Webster to understand this or any other poll dont mean squat, not does you shewing the results, you or any other person as far as I am concerned can freely tear this thread apart, please notice me and DanQ speaking at beginning, it is a bit of humor, nothing more nothing less

Because if in your heart you feel one way than you wont agree, if you want, please dont post here or if you do want to, go for it

Umm, as fer Plato K!$$ing @ZZ, if Plato agreed with you then he would not have been considered an @ZZ Kisser would he?

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I never claimed to be smart
              Well...actually, I didn't claim you were eithier.

I don't think Gramps was trying to get a scientific sampling. I don't think anybody who posts a poll anytime on Poly is trying to get a scientific sampling (except maybe in a demogame or such).

Still, they have some minor utility beyond the entertainment value usually. I guess that makes me "stupid" by your definition then? meh...okay...if that's what you want to think.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

On this issue I have no doubt people will vote more than once.
                What, you think people are firing up DL's?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Umm, as fer Plato K!$$ing @ZZ
                  Don't worry Gramps...I've seen your picture. (Not to mention you just ain't my type. )

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Well...actually, I didn't claim you were eithier.
                    Well actually you did (part of me anyway).

Does the help?

Almost as bad as the dolt that is big on

*sigh*

My how this site has gone downhill over the last number of years.

Comment

Since the community seems split on this very deserving subject I have made a thread in the Poly forum offering an excellent compromise and a possible date with hot Japanese twins.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Well actually you did (part of me anyway).

Does the help?

Almost as bad as the dolt that is big on

*sigh*

My how this site has gone downhill over the last number of years.
                        Now me wonders what kinda freaky IDIOT would be dolt enuff to post that in a thread.

Seems we need a stern warning here, oh Ming where art thou

Comment

Pricing racks and other instruments of torture.
                          Cheap bastard.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Pricing racks and other instruments of torture.
                            Cheap bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Now me wonders what kinda freaky IDIOT would be dolt enuff to post that in a thread.

Seems we need a stern warning here, oh Ming where art thou
                              Did I refer to anyone by name? That is the rule isn't it?

Comment

Did I refer to anyone by name? That is the rule isn't it?

no you certainly didnt, I was asking Ming if he knew any freaking Dolts who mindlessly post this:

Comment

Working...
                                X