U.S. most heavily armed country in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon

Was Macho Man by the Village People playing in the background?
    Nope. Then again, when I wake up at 3ish am hearing faint scraping sounds, and find someone trying to force the back door about 15 feet from my (then barely a year old) daughter's bedroom door, I wasn't really inclined to **** around.

BTW, when I called 911, it took local police a bit over 10 minutes to arrive. That's a long time to wait around.

Shakin' it to the Village People is more your style than mine.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

MtG's life theme music.
      Naah, I'm more the Dirty Water - Magic Carpet Ride - White Rabbit - Friend of the Devil type.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by East Street Trader
        Which is the trouble with becoming so suspicious of people that you start arming yourself. Once enough people provide themselves with arms you find yourself in a situation posing worse dangers than your original fears.
        I'm definitely not a fan of the idea of near-universal concealed carry. 50 million would-be Doc Holliday's would undoubtedly produce an eventual drop in crime rates. Then again, so would just about any other major population reduction program.

Given the realities of crime levels and law enforcement response times in a lot of the US, I see nothing wrong with carefully regulated concealed carry (depending on need, circumstance, testing and rigorous background checks), and certainly nothing wrong with responsible possession for potential home defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

You just marked yourself as the loony.
          In that case, maybe I'll change my nick to Daffy Duck. If being anti-UN makes me loony, I'll wear that badge with pride.
          EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Working...
          X