Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, not here.

Comment

Buy your clothes over the internet. It's the sane way to shop these days.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        Hate shopping? What kind of a woman are you?
        qft . and my first response as well.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Everything done outside your house (assuming you live alone) is a social activity.
          No it isn't...that's just utter nonsense
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
            Buy your clothes over the internet. It's the sane way to shop these days.
            girls can't do that. our sizes are too weird

Originally posted by Dis
            qft . and my first response as well.
            ok i admit, i'm far from the norm of a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

No it isn't...that's just utter nonsense
              The phrase social activity is not reserved for geting drunk at the pub. Anything that takes place within a society is a social activity. Wanting to avoid shoping out of a desire for social issolation does not neccisarily have anything to do with actively trying to meet people (or not) but could also mean not wanting to be seen by people, not wanting to have to see people yourself, not want to deal with waiting in a line, or talking to a cashier, or finding a parking spot, ect... these are all social activities, as they are all based on the interactions between people.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

perhaps it's just shopping with your mother you dislike. When I was a teenager, I hated shopping with my mother. Stuff like clothes shopping and all that for school. Ugh.

Comment

yes, that could be it. or it could have been that my thighs have gotten huge.
                  i like shopping with my dad for food, he likes buying stuff we buy tons. i used to like clothes shopping with him because he'd tell me to get whatever i want, but that was before he changed into his strict self and i was like 10 so i didn't have to worry about how it looked on my hips or butt or anything! goodtimes.

Comment

The phrase social activity is not reserved for geting drunk at the pub. Anything that takes place within a society is a social activity. Wanting to avoid shoping out of a desire for social issolation does not neccisarily have anything to do with actively trying to meet people (or not) but could also mean not wanting to be seen by people, not wanting to have to see people yourself, not want to deal with waiting in a line, or talking to a cashier, or finding a parking spot, ect... these are all social activities, as they are all based on the interactions between people.
                    You're weird
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, I am weird. But that is simply a result of being aware of the universe around me.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Shopping involves interactions between people, but that doesn't make it "social" in the same sense as going to a pub or hanging out with friends, etc. The term implies (to me, at least) that pleasure is in some way derived from the interactions themselves, or from the company of others in general. When you talk to the store clerks, you're looking for information or giving it. Any pleasure you happen to get will presumptively involve finding an awesome shirt you can afford or something. If you enjoy simply being around other consumers or retail employees, well, more power to ya, but that's just not me. Especially not around holidays.

Shopping could also be a social activity if you go out to shop with a pack of friends and discuss how cute the stuff you see is. However, I shouldn't have to tell you that said activity is grounds for immediate revocation of your license to carry testicles on your person.

B etor, stop talking about your XL top size. We know you're a fed.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

XXL, Elok
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I am asocial. I am bad at and avoid all of the activities you mentioned. I agree with your definition.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

Baloney.

Perhaps far from the Barbie dolls you see on television, but chances are you are a normal woman shape.

Every woman I know says they are far from the norm of a woman.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                Shopping could also be a social activity if you go out to shop with a pack of friends and discuss how cute the stuff you see is. However, I shouldn't have to tell you that said activity is grounds for immediate revocation of your license to carry testicles on your person.

B etor, stop talking about your XL top size. We know you're a fed.
                                too bad i'm not allowed to shop with friends

gahhh stop that.

Comment

Working...
                                X