No announcement yet.

Agency found tinkering with data to prove preconceived conclusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quoted from the OP. It is claiming that that powerful institution, the UN, is terrorizing the Bush government and truth loving people generally.

I pointed out that opposing the UN wimps does not make you cool. They couldn't suppress a fart

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      You took effort to make the links to the books work, but provided no link to the article. Hmmm...

Have any shares in Shell?
      I copy pasted the source html

that means i saved effort on restoring the bold / italics tags.

i even have a firefox extensions which automatically adds the [ quote ] tags when i copy paste.

there's no way you can blame me of putting effort

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

why? because you want to adhominem the site?
        The links:

The site:

The author:

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

I copy pasted the source html

there's no way you can blame me of putting effort
          true, you didn't even remove the referral link to Amazon.

Comment

If I removed his name from the article it was by mistake.

anyways, is it OK now to claim that he's an evil corporationalist / paid by exxon / lying, so as not to deal with his claims?
            Last edited by Sirotnikov; August 24, 2007, 21:42.

Comment

You said that, not me. I just like to know who is saying what.

Comment

i edited in the smilie i intended it to have.

i generally respect you and your arguing style

Comment

So, don't worry about global warming anymore? Great!
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Old hat, Siro. The latest GW bashing is going on at www.surfacestations.org where you can see pictures of the US high quality temperature network. It's worrying.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Oh, and what does this site show...

And another for good measure

And we can measure climate from these can we...
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Doddie, while those pics are quite funny, and even scary if they are for real, they are no proof that climate isn't changing - just sloppy science.

Retreating sea ice and glaciers is on the other hand hard core evidence that climate is changing.

Though, the same retreating glaciers pops up some "funny" evidence - under those "ever existing" glaciers there seems to be traces of several settlements including the romans.

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...an_et_el_2007_(JQS).pdf+roman+glacier+retreat+alpine&hl=da&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And the truth comes out: GW was the true cause of the collapse of the Roman Empire. Do you want us to share their fate?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            And the truth comes out: GW was the true cause of the collapse of the Roman Empire. Do you want us to share their fate?
                            Have a cookie Kuci - I don't think it was GW that put a glacier on top of those romans - it was probably more like well some kind of cooling.
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, don't you get it? The Romans caused GW and after their civilization collapsed the Earth returned to normal, and the glaciers reformed over their settlements. Duh.

Comment

Well, you may have a point - when the roman empire went across the alps they of course also brought their way of life wich of course included excess burning of wood. Yeah, that would of course trigger a GW and Gaia of course retaliated with a GC !

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X