Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Compares Iraq to Vietnam...Finally

Paraphrasing Bush

--- Millions of citizens paid the price for US withdrawal from Vietnam...

Okay, did the Vietnamese follow us home to kill us?

--- We must listen to our enemies, and they say our withdrawal from Iraq is our loss and their victory.

Why weren't we listening to them when they kept attacking us after leaving the army in Saudi Arabia? I mean, they just fought a war to expel the Russians and they start attacking our soldiers in Saudi Arabia...I detect a pattern.

--- The Khmer Rouge went on a murder spree because we left

Well, they actually started their cultural purge when we were bombing convoy routes within Cambodia, and it was the Vietnamese who went into Cambodia and ended the slaughter.

I thought the lessons of Vietnam were: dont prop up corrupt regimes if you have to bleed for them too. Dont get mixed up in civil wars. And dont let lying politicians scare us into foreign wars.

We didn't learn these lessons

QFT

Statements like this make me want to ram my fist down Bush's throat, grab him by the rectum, and yank him inside out.

Comment

OMG!!!
      It's gonna be worse than another Vietnam!
      Attached Files

Comment

Yea, watch the video. I wouldn't do it around dinner time actually. It will turn your stomach.
        Last edited by Kidlicious; August 22, 2007, 18:49.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I love the "US leaving Vietnam = Khmer Rouge" thing. Immediately historians jumped in and said the US destabilizing Cambodia, by bombing it and and sending our troops through there led to the rise of the Khmer Rouge.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I love the "US leaving Vietnam = Khmer Rouge" thing. Immediately historians jumped in and said the US destabilizing Cambodia, by bombing it and and sending our troops through there led to the rise of the Khmer Rouge.
            Kinda like bombing Iraq and then sending our troops across from Kuwait to Baghdad destablized Iraq and created the Madhi Army and other militias?

Comment

Who would have guessed that the people who said ITS GOING TO BE ANOTHER VIETNAM during the run-up to the war were the optimists? Damn.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Back then I was saying that it's gonna be a f*ck-up.
                Am I an optimist?

Comment

If only someone would troll through the archives from 2003. I distinctly remember many prominent Apolytoners sarcastically mocking the anti-war crowd by saying "OMG another Vietnam!!".

We haven't had a "lefties gloating about Iraq" thread for a while.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    QFT

Statements like this make me want to ram my fist down Bush's throat, grab him by the rectum, and yank him inside out.
                    I think you have the first and second steps out of order.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      If only someone would troll through the archives from 2003. I distinctly remember many prominent Apolytoners sarcastically mocking the anti-war crowd by saying "OMG another Vietnam!!".

We haven't had a "lefties gloating about Iraq" thread for a while.
                      Actually I made a poll back in 2003 right when the war began about how things would turn out. I've got it bookmarked on my home computer. I chose the "it will be another Lebanon" option which I think was very accurate...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                        Actually I made a poll back in 2003 right when the war began about how things would turn out. I've got it bookmarked on my home computer. I chose the "it will be another Lebanon" option which I think was very accurate...
                        I'd actually like to see the results... though I'm afraid I was on the wrong side at that time .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Tonight's Daily Show with Jon Stewart nailed it! Watch a repeat tomorrow if you can, he spent the first 10 minutes or so ripping our crazy foreign policy over the last 25 years.
                          Last edited by Berzerker; August 23, 2007, 00:44.

Comment

after all these years of the "- it's to going be a new vietnam - no it wont" discussions, finally bush joins in
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                              Who would have guessed that the people who said ITS GOING TO BE ANOTHER VIETNAM during the run-up to the war were the optimists? Damn.
                              This doesn't make any sense. Grow a brain, check your facts, and report back.

Everyone in this thread is wrong about this speech.
                              Last edited by Wiglaf; August 23, 2007, 01:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X